Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
suni51 wrote:

Bhag Milkha presented Milkha Singh in very poor light. Instead of Keeping him focussed on training, competetition and practice the movie shows him sleeping with a girl, going to picnic and dancing etc.

That is the problem with Bollywood, they can never keep true to the biopic of any person, be it a valiant warrior such as Bajirao or a famous athlete as Milkha Singh, these idiots have to add sleazy fiction to their stories! And fans of Bollywood are class one buffoons who lap it up gladly in the name of entertainment. The other day we were discussing the same topic with my college friends, all of whom are well educated and in our early forties now. When I put my point forward quite passionately, one friend who is a teacher, said that our commitment to such celebrities is limited to the rs. 300 we pay for the tickets! I was taken aback and had to shut my mouth afterwards as there was no way these people will change their mindset !

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: suni51
suni51 wrote:

Bhag Milkha presented Milkha Singh in very poor light. Instead of Keeping him focussed on training, competetition and practice the movie shows him sleeping with a girl, going to picnic and dancing etc.

Dancing and sleeping with girl may be part of his life. To make movie it film maker give it some more importance.

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
suni51 wrote:

That is the problem with Bollywood, they can never keep true to the biopic of any person, be it a valiant warrior such as Bajirao or a famous athlete as Milkha Singh, these idiots have to add sleazy fiction to their stories! And fans of Bollywood are class one buffoons who lap it up gladly in the name of entertainment. The other day we were discussing the same topic with my college friends, all of whom are well educated and in our early forties now. When I put my point forward quite passionately, one friend who is a teacher, said that our commitment to such celebrities is limited to the rs. 300 we pay for the tickets! I was taken aback and had to shut my mouth afterwards as there was no way these people will change their mindset !

Film making wants big amount. If film maker true biography. that who will go to theater. Tell me about any movie which is real biography.

anil wrote:
suni51 wrote:

Dancing and sleeping with girl may be part of his life. To make movie it film maker give it some more importance.

Most facts including love affair of Milkha Singh were authenticated by Milkha. Sex and love is part of human life. Nothing wrong in reresenting it artistically.

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
suni51 wrote:

Suni@ you are wrong . The film on Milkha presented him in excellent light. Even Milka appreciated it.

I just saw SANJU in Abu Dhabii.Excellent movie. One can take issue that it somewhat glorifies Sanjay Dutt. But that is the liberty of the film maker.

Somewhere I read somebody mentioning about the film Bajirao. I have 4 hustorical articles on BaJi Rao. The centre of his life was the Muslim princess. Baji rao died young before he could make a name as a conqueror. He was a warrior but the essence of his life was Mastani the Muslim princess. Do people expect a film to be made withou the central theme of love for Mastani? Ditto with milka singh. Luckky he authenticated the film.

I would put the blame squarely on the audience because they are ready to lap up anything in the name of entertainment. I doubt if the majority of them think beyond that 3 hours that they spend in front of the screen. 

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

MG Singh wrote:

Somewhere I read somebody mentioning about the film Bajirao. I have 4 hustorical articles on BaJi Rao. The centre of his life was the Muslim princess. Baji rao died young before he could make a name as a conqueror. He was a warrior but the essence of his life was Mastani the Muslim princess. Do people expect a film to be made withou the central theme of love for Mastani? Ditto with milka singh. Luckky he authenticated the film.

Seems like the articles you read are written by someone a bit ignorant. She was the love of his life but not the centre of his life! And if people like you watch and appreciate such films and more like Sanju, what can we speak about common, illiterate folks!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: suni51

I have booked a ticket for Wednesday night and can give you my feedback once I come back from the movie. I am going to watch the movie for a pure entertainment purpose and to see the versatile skills of Ranbir as an actor and also the skill of the director. I know the filmmaker will take his liberty to glorify Sanjay Dutt as he will not like to upset his fraternity. 

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.