Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

Being a fan or admirer of an actor does not mean that you overlook and accept everything the person does ...This is the problem with our society , they have double standards when it comes to the rich and the famous and no wonder our courts and legal system consisting of people with similar mentality is no better ! Sanjay Dutt grumbled his way through his prison sentence cutting a pathetic figure inspite of getting special treatment and was more out of jail than in . Just imagine an ordinary person undergoing similar sentences !

I respect your feelings. I no way I am taking side of Sanjay Dutt. I rean in news paper that this movie is silent about first wife Richha Sharma and daughter Trishla of Sanjay Dutt. VIP culture is problem of this country. They get benefit every where in country.

It did not talk about any of his marriages before Manyata Dutt and neither did mention any affairs that he had with his actresses. They combined two characters of Tina Munim and Madhuri Dixit in to one and made it as Ruby. The movie focused on only two aspects of his life...his drug addiction and his journey through TADA.

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

Arunima Singh wrote:
anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

Being a fan or admirer of an actor does not mean that you overlook and accept everything the person does ...This is the problem with our society , they have double standards when it comes to the rich and the famous and no wonder our courts and legal system consisting of people with similar mentality is no better ! Sanjay Dutt grumbled his way through his prison sentence cutting a pathetic figure inspite of getting special treatment and was more out of jail than in . Just imagine an ordinary person undergoing similar sentences !

I respect your feelings. I no way I am taking side of Sanjay Dutt. I rean in news paper that this movie is silent about first wife Richha Sharma and daughter Trishla of Sanjay Dutt. VIP culture is problem of this country. They get benefit every where in country.

It did not talk about any of his marriages before Manyata Dutt and neither did mention any affairs that he had with his actresses. They combined two characters of Tina Munim and Madhuri Dixit in to one and made it as Ruby. The movie focused on only two aspects of his life...his drug addiction and his journey through TADA.

Apparently even the police who were responsible for carrying out the investigation are shown in a poor light. If that is the case it also shows the lack of perception by our censor board.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Arunima Singh wrote:
anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

Looking it is only to improve image of Sanjay Dutt. I think it is not possible to show all affairs of film stars. They have many affairs during their carrier. For film start affair is like a changing clothes.

anil wrote:
Arunima Singh wrote:
anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

Looking it is only to improve image of Sanjay Dutt. I think it is not possible to show all affairs of film stars. They have many affairs during their carrier. For film start affair is like a changing clothes.

The movie has shown him as a sex addict and womanizer. It has not done anything to improve that image of Sanjay Dutt. He has been portrayed as a person with shallow character who could even deceive his best friend for a girl. 

Arunima Singh wrote:
anil wrote:
Arunima Singh wrote:
anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

The movie has shown him as a sex addict and womanizer. It has not done anything to improve that image of Sanjay Dutt. He has been portrayed as a person with shallow character who could even deceive his best friend for a girl. 

I don't watch this movie, I am waiting when it will telecast of TV. It is movie, we all will forget it after some time.

If we see it only as entertainment point of view and not linked to any celebrity who is trying to clear up his image, the movie has all the potential of a good entertainer. A good direction, good acting and all that one needs in a movie to be entertaining. But unfortunately it might have a hidden intention to clean up some image. For me I do not mind watching it for a second time as I found it entertaining.

Arunima Singh wrote:

If we see it only as entertainment point of view and not linked to any celebrity who is trying to clear up his image, the movie has all the potential of a good entertainer. A good direction, good acting and all that one needs in a movie to be entertaining. But unfortunately it might have a hidden intention to clean up some image. For me I do not mind watching it for a second time as I found it entertaining.

That is a fair analysis , but a film maker also has a social responsibility and the censor board too who  go only for sex, violence and inflammatory content . Anything subtle that is far more dangerous seems to be completely lost on them..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:
Arunima Singh wrote:

That is a fair analysis , but a film maker also has a social responsibility and the censor board too who  go only for sex, violence and inflammatory content . Anything subtle that is far more dangerous seems to be completely lost on them..

Yes the onus lies on the censor board as well as the viewers to not get carried away by what is shown. But unfortunately, a visual thing does make a remarkable effect on viewers and so film makers need to take some social responsibility and not mess with the reality.

Arunima Singh wrote:

Your analysis could have been quite fair had it been associated with any other celebrity, however, a person who has been convicted under TADA because he aided known terrorists by storing and distributing destructive weapons that killed many in the bomb blasts in Mumbai, I would say it is not at all fair! Every person of this country, no matter his status, economic background, his caste, education whatever, they are, owes his or her allegiance to this country, and those who violate our country's integrity are criminals and traitors, no matter how big that actor may be or how intelligent he maybe. By making this movie, the director has tried to make it look like that Dutta was never at a fault whenever he committed any mistakes and that he fell prey to circumstances. BY trying to make him look clean, they are only trying to falsify truth and the people whose dear ones were killed in the bomb blasts, the police who worked relentlessley to track down the terrorists., the reporters who investigated the story etc. are being denied the chance of being given justice. So I think, our idea of entertainment needs to be looked into once again. Just because Ranbir Kapoor has acted really well, does not mean that the victims of bomb blasts should be told otherwise that Dutta is a great person. We don't need that kind of entertainment!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: usha manohar
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
Arunima Singh wrote:

Your analysis could have been quite fair had it been associated with any other celebrity, however, a person who has been convicted under TADA because he aided known terrorists by storing and distributing destructive weapons that killed many in the bomb blasts in Mumbai, I would say it is not at all fair! Every person of this country, no matter his status, economic background, his caste, education whatever, they are, owes his or her allegiance to this country, and those who violate our country's integrity are criminals and traitors, no matter how big that actor may be or how intelligent he maybe. By making this movie, the director has tried to make it look like that Dutta was never at a fault whenever he committed any mistakes and that he fell prey to circumstances. BY trying to make him look clean, they are only trying to falsify truth and the people whose dear ones were killed in the bomb blasts, the police who worked relentlessley to track down the terrorists., the reporters who investigated the story etc. are being denied the chance of being given justice. So I think, our idea of entertainment needs to be looked into once again. Just because Ranbir Kapoor has acted really well, does not mean that the victims of bomb blasts should be told otherwise that Dutta is a great person. We don't need that kind of entertainment!

@Kalyani Superbly explained. Every entertainment should also give some powerful message. Sanjay Dutt messed up his life by indulging in too many wrong activities so he underwent jail term and, that should be the message to the people, that harmful activities lead to suffering. Why there is an attempt to show him as a victim of the circumstance which he was not. He was a spoiled brat of a wealthy father and he just wanted to enjoy every minute of his life through money which is disgusting. 

shampasaid

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.