Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

There are few things that we need to consider 

1,  Most importantly Sajay Dutt is alive and has many more years of life..

2, He is a criminal and his conviction and the case is there for all to read and understand , so is it even right for the film maker to present it as he wants it or Sanjay wants it?

3, How can a criminals life be made into a glamorous film where certain things are left out,certain things glamorised , the law keepers shown in a bad light and the film with all these flaws is a great entertainer ??? Amazing !

4, On top of all this we see Sanjay Dutt giving out interviews ( the media should be held responsible ) , his precious two bits about the film and what a great human being he is? with almost all the film fraternity praising him...for what ? for being a drug addict ? a criminal or skipping his jail sentence and coming out n parole half a dozen times , or for crying like the coward that he was and is when he was sentenced...

To me he seems like an idiotic person who is either perpetually getting into trouble and then unable to handle it with his father and sister falling over themselves to save him. Of course , when he got into serious criminal trouble , they couldnt save him although they must have tried..With all that when he was sentenced , Jaya Bhaduri of all the people, who I used to think was an upright and responsible politician, opposed and cried in the Rajya Sabha. What do these people think of themselves ? that they are above everything ? look at Salman Khan and look at this fellow  . To make a film on a person like that in itself is a crime and then for it to become a hit shows the stuff Indians are made of...We are a corrupt minded people! period...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: suni51, Kalyani Nandurkar, Shampa Sadhya

True, the producers of this movie fully knew that we the Indians are one of the most corrupt species on this earth with an evil mind and the movie will be a gold digger. We do not think in terms of morality but money comes first before everything else.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Shampa Sadhya wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
Arunima Singh wrote:

If we see it only as entertainment point of view and not linked to any celebrity who is trying to clear up his image, the movie has all the potential of a good entertainer. A good direction, good acting and all that one needs in a movie to be entertaining. But unfortunately it might have a hidden intention to clean up some image. For me I do not mind watching it for a second time as I found it entertaining.

Your analysis could have been quite fair had it been associated with any other celebrity, however, a person who has been convicted under TADA because he aided known terrorists by storing and distributing destructive weapons that killed many in the bomb blasts in Mumbai, I would say it is not at all fair! Every person of this country, no matter his status, economic background, his caste, education whatever, they are, owes his or her allegiance to this country, and those who violate our country's integrity are criminals and traitors, no matter how big that actor may be or how intelligent he maybe. By making this movie, the director has tried to make it look like that Dutta was never at a fault whenever he committed any mistakes and that he fell prey to circumstances. BY trying to make him look clean, they are only trying to falsify truth and the people whose dear ones were killed in the bomb blasts, the police who worked relentlessley to track down the terrorists., the reporters who investigated the story etc. are being denied the chance of being given justice. So I think, our idea of entertainment needs to be looked into once again. Just because Ranbir Kapoor has acted really well, does not mean that the victims of bomb blasts should be told otherwise that Dutta is a great person. We don't need that kind of entertainment!

@Kalyani Superbly explained. Every entertainment should also give some powerful message. Sanjay Dutt messed up his life by indulging in too many wrong activities so he underwent jail term and, that should be the message to the people, that harmful activities lead to suffering. Why there is an attempt to show him as a victim of the circumstance which he was not. He was a spoiled brat of a wealthy father and he just wanted to enjoy every minute of his life through money which is disgusting. 

Very true Shampa!!

In fact after watching the movie I felt that he was even darker than what I thought of him. I did not see anything shown in the movie which shows him as a victim of system. Rather he has been shown as a spoil brat who was irresponsible through out and never grew up. They have not justified his wrong doing. Yes police and media were shown in poor light . He was shown bad bad and bad man without any justifications. He is show more as a victim of his irresponsible and spoil brat personality.

One thing that movie gave as a strong message was that he is no more convicted in TADA and SC took that decision. He was accused in Arms Act and he went to jail and completed his term for that.

Movie does not talk about the payrolls and special treatment that he got due to his celebrity status. That is the loop and hole in our system. They have shown a bad picture of his suffering in jail which apparently he deserved and he went through it. 

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

usha manohar wrote:

As it is I hardly see any films in the theatre unless I really want to and as a rule I don't see any films of Salman Khan and Sanjay Dutt ..the only films I have seen of Sanjay Dutt so far are Munnabhai and  an old film Zameen aasman. So I have no intention of spending my hard earned money on a film that glorifies ...his daughter is apparently unhappy and the police who took him into custody is unhappy because of the manner in which he has been depicted in the film. Doesn't the film industry have any shame and conscience? More importantly I blame the general public ..

The media has been shown in poor light and they have a whole song at the end to make fun of it. But I did not find anything wrong being shown about the police officer. He thrashed him while inquiring which he would have done to any regular person accused of the serious charge. He was asked to be naked for the check up, a regular procedure for any person who goes to jail. There was nothing to show that these police officer were too rude or inhuman. It was shown like a regular part and parcel of a jail life. The police officers did their duty like they would do. There was no dialogue or scene to malign their image. I could not find anything. In fact I found it good that he did not get any special treatment from these officers for being a celebrity. 

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

I agree with you, Usha. But we can't stop movie makers from producing such movies. Also, probably movies work as the best medium to clarify or show the other side of a story, so far we knew what all misdeeds Sanjay Dutt was involved in, this movie gives him a chance to prove himself and show case his side of story. I am not his fan and neither I am a lover of biographies who haven't done anything worthwhile. Having said that I just am taking this an entertainer, a way in which Ranbir made hsi come back after less or no movies after a long time. Bollywood has indeed ran out of movie or stories worth sharing when they make movies on gangsters, etc. But i think movies reach out to a larger audience than any other medium hence movies are the best chosen form for people to reach out to masses to convey their stories.

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

Mousumi Ghosh wrote:

I agree with you, Usha. But we can't stop movie makers from producing such movies. Also, probably movies work as the best medium to clarify or show the other side of a story, so far we knew what all misdeeds Sanjay Dutt was involved in, this movie gives him a chance to prove himself and show case his side of story. I am not his fan and neither I am a lover of biographies who haven't done anything worthwhile. Having said that I just am taking this an entertainer, a way in which Ranbir made hsi come back after less or no movies after a long time. Bollywood has indeed ran out of movie or stories worth sharing when they make movies on gangsters, etc. But i think movies reach out to a larger audience than any other medium hence movies are the best chosen form for people to reach out to masses to convey their stories.

Hi Mousumi welcome back :) ..I totally agree with your views . What is unpalatable is the bias and the double standards that come with celebrities and ordinary folks. Sanjay Dutt had political ambitions and apparently this film is a stepping stone..earlier Supreme Court had come down heavily on him while he wanted to contest the election in 2007 or 2008 , saying a TADA accused should not even be allowed to do so and it had also cautioned the Congress party . But now that he has done his time , there is nothing to stop him except public opinion.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

suni51 wrote:

True, the producers of this movie fully knew that we the Indians are one of the most corrupt species on this earth with an evil mind and the movie will be a gold digger. We do not think in terms of morality but money comes first before everything else.

Exactly my feelings , the way people overlook Salman Khan and his criminal tendencies and today call him a Messiah of God , it won't be too far away, when we will see Sanjay becoming a patriot leading the nation,..and who do we blame? The media and the stupud ,gullible people of this country.

usha manohar wrote:
Mousumi Ghosh wrote:

Hi Mousumi welcome back :) ..I totally agree with your views . What is unpalatable is the bias and the double standards that come with celebrities and ordinary folks. Sanjay Dutt had political ambitions and apparently this film is a stepping stone..earlier Supreme Court had come down heavily on him while he wanted to contest the election in 2007 or 2008 , saying a TADA accused should not even be allowed to do so and it had also cautioned the Congress party . But now that he has done his time , there is nothing to stop him except public opinion.

Parties are not serious on this issue. It will make no difference than candidate is criminal or not. for them the person who can won will be candidate. All parties have criminals. It is only public who can refuse criminals.

usha manohar wrote:
suni51 wrote:

Exactly my feelings , the way people overlook Salman Khan and his criminal tendencies and today call him a Messiah of God , it won't be too far away, when we will see Sanjay becoming a patriot leading the nation,..and who do we blame? The media and the stupud ,gullible people of this country.

For all these public is responsible. Media is also part of public.

usha manohar wrote:
suni51 wrote:

True...but I wouldn't say that people are gullible, they know fully well about the consequences of helping and aiding known terrorists but the sad fact is that, in spite of knowing everything people will still give importance to self gratification. Enjoyment of self is the first and foremost in the minds of most people and the reason why they throng movie theatres each Friday to see all kinds of rubbish that is doled out by Bollywood. As for Bollywood, an institution which is controlled by the Underworld dons based in Pakistan and Dubai, it is nothing new or unique that only films such that spread lies, chaos and discord in the name of freedom of expression are made. While films which truly have something worthwhile to say do not find much audience because they lack budget and glamour both. It is the people who need to change their tastes and mindsets.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.