Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
Arunima Singh wrote:

He was indeed the first superstar and has given a lot of blockbusters of his time. I still love to watch his movies. But when it comes to acting skills, I find that he was just average. 

Yes, he was not really extraordinary in his acting skills, but his gorgeous looks and unique method of tilting his head where what caught the audience by storm. I liked his performance the best in Bawarchi and Anand and Amar Prem even more than in Aradhana!

Yes he was not perfect actor but he was above normal than actors of his time, like Jetendra, and others, He have ability to attract audience. He gave hair style and guru Kurta to his fens.

Arunima Singh wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
Arunima Singh wrote:

He was indeed the first superstar and has given a lot of blockbusters of his time. I still love to watch his movies. But when it comes to acting skills, I find that he was just average. 

Yes, he was not really extraordinary in his acting skills, but his gorgeous looks and unique method of tilting his head where what caught the audience by storm. I liked his performance the best in Bawarchi and Anand and Amar Prem even more than in Aradhana!

Yes, His style had a lot of female following. Anand is one of my all time favorite and I like the story, script and music of that movie.

Yes Anand is best one. He performed best one with Sharmila Tagore and Mumtaj. Later he begins to demands for young actress. It is also reason of fall down.

According to me he had perfected his art because he could do any kind of roles comedy,tragedy romantic or as a mature character. Some of my own favorite films of Rajesh Khanna are Anand , Aakhri Khat,Aradhana, Avtaar , Ittefaq , Amar Prem..  

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:

According to me he had perfected his art because he could do any kind of roles comedy,tragedy romantic or as a mature character. Some of my own favorite films of Rajesh Khanna are Anand , Aakhri Khat,Aradhana, Avtaar , Ittefaq , Amar Prem..  

Yes, he did all kinds of roles with equal ease, I really liked him in Kati Patang and also in Bawarchi, a light hearted comedy by Hrishikesh Mukherjee.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Rajesh Khanna rose to the stardom very quickly almost like a bang but if we see his stardom was not for a long time. With changing demands and times, he could not fit into action and multi starer movies which ruled Bollywood in late 70's

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

Initially Rajesh Khanna acted in quite a few films that were not very successful ...it was after 3 or 4 years with Aradhana that he became a superstar. He is one of the few actors to have acted as a solo hero in the maximum number of films right upto late nineties . So his success was not a flash in the pan  ..in fact he and Amitabh Bachan were both highest paid actors for almost a decade from 1980 to 1990 ...so , he remained on top even with the entry of Amitabh and action films since he had already carved a niche for himself with sensitive , romantic and performance based films which had its own fan following.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:

Initially Rajesh Khanna acted in quite a few films that were not very successful ...it was after 3 or 4 years with Aradhana that he became a superstar. He is one of the few actors to have acted as a solo hero in the maximum number of films right upto late nineties . So his success was not a flash in the pan  ..in fact he and Amitabh Bachan were both highest paid actors for almost a decade from 1980 to 1990 ...so , he remained on top even with the entry of Amitabh and action films since he had already carved a niche for himself with sensitive , romantic and performance based films which had its own fan following.

Image of Amitabh and Rajesh Khanna was different. Rajesh Khanna was a romantic hero but Amitabh is action hero, angry young man. Although Amitabh is also good in sensitive and  comedy  roles Kabhi- Kabhi, Mili, Chupky Chupkey, Abhiman are some examples,  but people like him in action.

He did a memorable role in Avatar. Though he acted an old person, he was the protagonist of the movie.

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

Yes, he did all kinds of roles with equal ease, I really liked him in Kati Patang and also in Bawarchi, a light hearted comedy by Hrishikesh Mukherjee.

It was Hrishikesh Mukherjee's touch which make Bawarchi a great comedy movie.

Arunima Singh wrote:

He did a memorable role in Avatar. Though he acted an old person, he was the protagonist of the movie.

Role of old person was right selection of Khanna. If he choose role of mature person, we were see some more beautiful movie of him.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.