Today is birthday of play back singer Mukesh Chander Mathur, akka, Mukesh. Say Happy birthday to Mukesh.

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

One of my and many other peoples favorite singers ....Where does one begin about the kind of songs he sang and the impact he made with those songs ...My earliest memory of his song was listening to Jaao kahan bata e dil on the radio as a child ...Then onwards i listen to his songs almost daily and there are so many favorites , solos , duets ...In fact just now I am listening to one of his songs Woh tere pyar ka gham, ik bahana tha sanam..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

He had a divine unique voice. The innocence in voice and the simplicity with which he sang was so different and unique to him. He even tried to become an actor but he failed as an actor. 

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

He had indeed a divine voice but whenever I hear his voice, I can only picture Raj Kapoor's face! He gave the best songs and used Mukesh's voice to the best advantage.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

usha manohar wrote:

One of my and many other peoples favorite singers ....Where does one begin about the kind of songs he sang and the impact he made with those songs ...My earliest memory of his song was listening to Jaao kahan bata e dil on the radio as a child ...Then onwards i listen to his songs almost daily and there are so many favorites , solos , duets ...In fact just now I am listening to one of his songs Woh tere pyar ka gham, ik bahana tha sanam..

Yes I liked these songs too.......much. But my favorite song is, Kai Bar Yuhi Dekha Hai, Man Ki Jo Seema Rekah ( Rajnigandha). Mukesh is got film fare award for this song.

Arunima Singh wrote:

He had a divine unique voice. The innocence in voice and the simplicity with which he sang was so different and unique to him. He even tried to become an actor but he failed as an actor. 

Yes acting was his first choice. But it was not his fate. 

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

He had indeed a divine voice but whenever I hear his voice, I can only picture Raj Kapoor's face! He gave the best songs and used Mukesh's voice to the best advantage.

Mukesh sung for every actor of that time. But Raj Kapoor and than Manoj Kumar adopt him for their palyback singing. One death of Mukesh Raj Kapoor said that my voice is gone.

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

Yes I liked these songs too.......much. But my favorite song is, Kai Bar Yuhi Dekha Hai, Man Ki Jo Seema Rekah ( Rajnigandha). Mukesh is got film fare award for this song.

That is a lovely song. Beautiful lyrics and melodious one. I even like the way it has been filmed.

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

Arunima Singh wrote:
anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

That is a lovely song. Beautiful lyrics and melodious one. I even like the way it has been filmed.

Whole song is in back ground. Expression of artists are very very nice one.

Thank you said by: usha manohar
Arunima Singh wrote:

Didn't even know that he had acted in movies. But his voice was very different from other singers and had sang very beautiful songs. My favorite are " ek pyar ka nagma.." from movie Shor and ' kahin door din dhal jaye' from Anand

jabeen wrote:
Arunima Singh wrote:

Didn't even know that he had acted in movies. But his voice was very different from other singers and had sang very beautiful songs. My favorite are " ek pyar ka nagma.." from movie Shor and ' kahin door din dhal jaye' from Anand

Yes he acted in movies, but not to much. I never watched his film but I saw one song of Malhar in which he played a camio role. List of pretty song of Mukesh is long one. Most of songs anr listenable,

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.