Like it on Facebook, +1 on Google, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
  • Re: Do you think Bollywood is changing for good??

    by » 3 months ago


    suni51 wrote:

    I am watching whatever movies are available on Netflix and I am surprised to see that some unheard movies  are really worth watching. I really enjoyed comedy movies of actors I had never heard of. Example... Delhi Mumbai Delhi.

    Dordarhsan also telecast some time movies which are almost unknown to us. Few day ago I watch Akash vani. It is good film with new cast. I am not watching Netflix.


  • Re: Do you think Bollywood is changing for good??

    by » 3 months ago


    Bollywood movies despite the success of small budget or content driven movies are still focussing on big budget masala movies. 

    Why can't the big directors work on some logical scripts and give people movies which have a good story with some mainstream entertainment?

    This is the change the industry should look forward to, which can lead to some great stories getting told.

    We as an audience can come across the stories that are important and leave a mark.


  • Re: Do you think Bollywood is changing for good??

    by » 3 months ago


    Jatin Kumar Singh wrote:

    Bollywood movies despite the success of small budget or content driven movies are still focussing on big budget masala movies. 

    Why can't the big directors work on some logical scripts and give people movies which have a good story with some mainstream entertainment?

    This is the change the industry should look forward to, which can lead to some great stories getting told.

    We as an audience can come across the stories that are important and leave a mark.

    That is something I would welcome too. But truth is such movies which have low budget but good, low-key actors and a story with a very strong content are indeed being made but they are few and far between as the distributors are reluctant to touch such movies because the masses do not want to see such movies. Sheer nonsensical movies such as Tubelight etc. are typical masala movies which people throng to watch and pay 100 crore rupees in just one day of opening! All people care baout is be entertained for a couple of hours and leave it at that!


    "I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
    - W. C. Fields :)


  • Re: Do you think Bollywood is changing for good??

    by » 3 months ago


    Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
    Jatin Kumar Singh wrote:

    Bollywood movies despite the success of small budget or content driven movies are still focussing on big budget masala movies. 

    Why can't the big directors work on some logical scripts and give people movies which have a good story with some mainstream entertainment?

    This is the change the industry should look forward to, which can lead to some great stories getting told.

    We as an audience can come across the stories that are important and leave a mark.

    That is something I would welcome too. But truth is such movies which have low budget but good, low-key actors and a story with a very strong content are indeed being made but they are few and far between as the distributors are reluctant to touch such movies because the masses do not want to see such movies. Sheer nonsensical movies such as Tubelight etc. are typical masala movies which people throng to watch and pay 100 crore rupees in just one day of opening! All people care baout is be entertained for a couple of hours and leave it at that!

    Yes it is happen we always prefer movie of big stars. It is trend but now it is changing. Tubeligh, Dilwale, Zero all are flop movies, but Bhdhai Ho is a low budget movie, it is hit one of 2018.


    Thank you said by: epraneeth77

  • Re: Do you think Bollywood is changing for good??

    by » 3 months ago


    I have stopped watching movies having so-called superstars and unbelievable stunts. I have recently developed a taste for low budget comedies with really good actors. I rate Paresh Rawal, Nana Patekar etc and some very talented new comers.


  • Re: Do you think Bollywood is changing for good??

    by » 3 months ago


    suni51 wrote:

    I have stopped watching movies having so-called superstars and unbelievable stunts. I have recently developed a taste for low budget comedies with really good actors. I rate Paresh Rawal, Nana Patekar etc and some very talented new comers.

    Paresh Rawal and Boman Irani are brilliant actors and I find their very presence adds some class to even an ordinary film ..


    Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!


  • Re: Do you think Bollywood is changing for good??

    by » 3 months ago


    Bollywood has plenty of actors whom we can compare to Hollywood actors.

    Pankaj Tripathi, Irrfan Khan, Rajkumar Rao, Manoj Bajpayee are few to be listed.

    They have mastered the art of binding audience to the screen in their small screen time because they know they won't be getting enough screen time.

    Comment your views.


  • Re: Do you think Bollywood is changing for good??

    by » 3 months ago


    Jatin Kumar Singh wrote:

    Bollywood has plenty of actors whom we can compare to Hollywood actors.

    Pankaj Tripathi, Irrfan Khan, Rajkumar Rao, Manoj Bajpayee are few to be listed.

    They have mastered the art of binding audience to the screen in their small screen time because they know they won't be getting enough screen time.

    Comment your views.

    I have never heard or seen of Pankaj Tripathi so far but Pankaj Kapoor is one who leaves his impact in a big way .


  • Re: Do you think Bollywood is changing for good??

    by » 3 months ago


    Yes, Pankaj Kapoor is a veteran actor who rules the big screen only by his presence. He is one of the actors who can outperform the others in the field.

    On the other hand, Pankaj Tripathi is not a new name in Bollywood. He has mined his way from small roles to the success he is enjoying now.


  • Re: Do you think Bollywood is changing for good??

    by » 3 months ago


    Jatin Kumar Singh wrote:

    Bollywood has plenty of actors whom we can compare to Hollywood actors.

    Pankaj Tripathi, Irrfan Khan, Rajkumar Rao, Manoj Bajpayee are few to be listed.

    They have mastered the art of binding audience to the screen in their small screen time because they know they won't be getting enough screen time.

    Comment your views.

    I don't watch much movies but the few that I ve watch of Irrfan Khan, Manoj Bajpayee, PareshRawal etc were really good. They act well especially Paresh Rawal as he can even perform comedy role with ease.


You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.