Sometimes it is beyond reason. I have seen student s and even supposedly mature adults having the responsibility of taking care of their family, not thinking twice before shelling out hard earned money on a ticket to see their favorite stars performing. There are all sorts of crazy people out there and the media makes much of them and their adoration , the concerned celebrity is on cloud nine ... honestly don't they have better things to do with their life ?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celebrity_worship_syndrome

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Yes, we have read about how crazy fans behave, such as one young girl tried to commit suicide when Sachin Tendulkar declared he is retiring from professional cricket, others similarly committing suicide over film stars etc. It is quite ridiculous the way they behave. But then I think, It is to do with the emotional weakness or some sort of psychological disorder these fans themselves have and so to compensate for their own lacking, they begin to worship others who seem to be invincible and perfect in all manners.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: usha manohar, Arunima Singh

I am a fan but certainly not a crazy fan of any famous and popular celebrity. In fact, I forget them to some extent as soon as they disappear from the leader board. There are couple of past social reformers who still motivate me but none of them is worth following to the limit of 'crazy' category.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Thank you said by: usha manohar

For many " Fans" it comes as a shock when their idol shows some weakness and begins to look like an ordinary mortal. They then feel let down and begin to hate them.

It is also because of the hype we tend to create around famous people rather than treating and showings then as ordinary human beings who have had the courage, perseverance or sometimes  pure luck to reach a celebrity status. ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:

For many " Fans" it comes as a shock when their idol shows some weakness and begins to look like an ordinary mortal. They then feel let down and begin to hate them.

It is also because of the hype we tend to create around famous people rather than treating and showings then as ordinary human beings who have had the courage, perseverance or sometimes  pure luck to reach a celebrity status. ..

I am not crazy but I am fan. I am fan of Dharmendra. I always see him as a young and energic hero. In some last movie he is looking an old man. I don't like to watch his these movies.

There is no harm in being a fan of someone, admiring them and getting inspired by them. But its not good to be a crazy fan of anyone. Getting obsessed with others, whether celebrity or otherwise, isn't healthy. Its insanity. I have read few cases of crazy fans who spends millions and millions to undergo operations one after another to look exactly like the people they admire. I feel its stupidity. 

Thank you said by: usha manohar, Arunima Singh
jabeen wrote:

There is no harm in being a fan of someone, admiring them and getting inspired by them. But its not good to be a crazy fan of anyone. Getting obsessed with others, whether celebrity or otherwise, isn't healthy. Its insanity. I have read few cases of crazy fans who spends millions and millions to undergo operations one after another to look exactly like the people they admire. I feel its stupidity. 

Yes blind faith and blind following, both are not good. We must be prefer to follow ourself than others.

There should be a difference between being a fan and being fanatic. Yes crazy fans cross that line . And being crazy and fanatic can never be considered as healthy.

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

I understand that for most of us liking a celebrity and knowing about their personal details comes naturally...but, when it overtakes your existence and becomes a burden to  others you have to seriously analyse. I was reading about a fan of Madhuri Dixit who comes from a lower income group, borrowing money to buy large quantities of sweets on her birthday to distribute to the entire neighborhood. He spends the entire year paying back the loan . His wife sounded quite indignant about it , which is understandable..

usha manohar wrote:

I understand that for most of us liking a celebrity and knowing about their personal details comes naturally...but, when it overtakes your existence and becomes a burden to  others you have to seriously analyse. I was reading about a fan of Madhuri Dixit who comes from a lower income group, borrowing money to buy large quantities of sweets on her birthday to distribute to the entire neighborhood. He spends the entire year paying back the loan . His wife sounded quite indignant about it , which is understandable..

That is indeed so ridiculous. His adoration for Madhuri is understandable enough but spending lots of money on sweets each year for her birthday and distributing to neighbours is just too much. They must be quite amused and would be making fun of him behind his back. What has Madhuri done for him personally that he throw away money in her name???

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

That is indeed so ridiculous. His adoration for Madhuri is understandable enough but spending lots of money on sweets each year for her birthday and distributing to neighbours is just too much. They must be quite amused and would be making fun of him behind his back. What has Madhuri done for him personally that he throw away money in her name???

It is the same as building temples for celebrities ...Jayalalitha  , actress Kushboo , NTRamrao and several others have temples built by crazy and illogical fans . Even Sonia Gandhi has one astonished...goes to show how easily masses are led and willing to be lead. This kind of fan worship also goes to show in my opinion a  very weak and immature mind that prefers to blindly follow rather than be analytical and use one's own common sense.

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar, Arunima Singh
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.