Like it on Facebook, +1 on Google, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
  • Re: It's been a long time we haven't posted photos here

    by » 3 months ago


    Here is another variety of Passionflower that I took photo of. It is called Passionflower sherry because of its lovely deep red colour but it is less fragrant than the common purple variety.

    IMG 0402


    "I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
    - W. C. Fields :)


    Thank you said by: usha manohar

  • Re: It's been a long time we haven't posted photos here

    by » 3 months ago


    Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
    jabeen wrote:

    This flower is called ParijaatIMG 20190502 041720

    No Jabeen, these flowers are called Madhumalti or Rangoon creeper, but these are really beautiful and have a lovely fragrance. In my city, people plant this vine very commonly for the lovely flowers which have varying shades from pink-white to deep red.  Parijat flowers are what Shampa has posted earlier. Also called Harsingar in Hindi and Prajakta in Marathi.

    In Imphal, we refer to this creeper as Parijat. Its used as offering to God. The other flower which most of you called Parijaat is called Singarei in Manipuri.


    Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

  • Re: It's been a long time we haven't posted photos here

    by » 3 months ago


    Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

    Here is another variety of Passionflower that I took photo of. It is called Passionflower sherry because of its lovely deep red colour but it is less fragrant than the common purple variety.

    IMG 0402

    It has such a lovely bright colours. Though the name is similar  the flowers look quite different. Does it also produce fruit like the purple variety?


    Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

  • Re: It's been a long time we haven't posted photos here

    by » 3 months ago


    suni51 wrote:
    anil wrote:
    Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
    suni51 wrote:
    usha manohar wrote:

    This is an extremely pretty little town called Colmar  that I visited last November , that is on the Swiss/ French border

    IMG 20181020 WA0003 

    Thanks for posting it. It sure is motivation image in more than one ways.

    It is truly motivating to see how beautiful and pretty a town or city can look like if the citizens have the will to do so!

    For we Indian city like it is a dream. 

    That's not true, you have got to visit place like Sikkim or other South India and NE states of India and see the beauty and cleanliness. I was once very close to Mawlynnong (I hope I have spelled it correctly) village near Shillong which is considered the cleanest village of India. I have seen number of such clean places in South India, NE, and in bordering states of India.  

    I never visit NE so I don't know about this area.  In my student life once I visited South  but I never seen beautiful city like city in this image,Chandigarh is a neat and beautiful city, but not like it. Most of Indian cites are not clean and beautiful. I think our population is problem.


  • Re: It's been a long time we haven't posted photos here

    by » 3 months ago


    jabeen wrote:
    Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

    Here is another variety of Passionflower that I took photo of. It is called Passionflower sherry because of its lovely deep red colour but it is less fragrant than the common purple variety.

    IMG 0402

    It has such a lovely bright colours. Though the name is similar  the flowers look quite different. Does it also produce fruit like the purple variety?

    Not that I know of Jabeen! The one that produces passionfruits, flowers have white petals with purple flush at the base with purple filaments/


    "I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
    - W. C. Fields :)


  • Re: It's been a long time we haven't posted photos here

    by » 3 months ago


    Beautiful pictures from everyone ...

    I took these pictures when we visited Kudremukh mountains last year. Since it is just 60 kms from here we  go there often ..It is one of my favorite places because it is not all that crowded and we keep discovering new trails and paces within the mountain range

    Kudremukh September 2018

     


    Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!


    Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

  • Re: It's been a long time we haven't posted photos here

    by » 3 months ago


    Radiance Of The Seas-

    As I saw it on Darling Harbor Sydney, Australia-

     

    DSC09258

    I have also posted it at https://o0.nz/i/FMVx  for bigger view and free use


    I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

    https://o0.nz/


    Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

  • Re: It's been a long time we haven't posted photos here

    by » 3 months ago


    usha manohar wrote:

    Beautiful pictures from everyone ...

    I took these pictures when we visited Kudremukh mountains last year. Since it is just 60 kms from here we  go there often ..It is one of my favorite places because it is not all that crowded and we keep discovering new trails and paces within the mountain range

    Kudremukh September 2018

    South have beautiful locations. I saw some beautiful location of South in movie, Chennai Express.


  • Re: It's been a long time we haven't posted photos here

    by » 3 months ago


    Another flower growing in our house. We call it Siris Kusum but I don't know its English name. Can anyone help me identify it?IMG 20190503 172223


    Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar, usha manohar

  • Re: It's been a long time we haven't posted photos here

    by » 3 months ago


    jabeen wrote:

    Another flower growing in our house. We call it Siris Kusum but I don't know its English name. Can anyone help me identify it?IMG 20190503 172223

    I think it is Albizia saman, surprisingly we also call it Shirish in Marathi.


    "I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
    - W. C. Fields :)


    Thank you said by: jabeen

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.