I am late to post this discussion.  Yesterday June 22 was Amrish Puri's birthday.  I came to know only when I tried to Google something and I saw his picture there. 

I loved him on screen.  So feel free to share your opinion about Mogambo of Bollywood cinema. 

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

One of my favourite actors ...how did i miss this thread?

He was a fabulous actor, larger than life and left a great impact.  Some of his toned down roles in Aakrosh and a couple of others were even more memorable. He would have contributed a lot more had he been alive having died fairly young at the age of 72.. He will always be remembered. 

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Though he had acted in many films, I feel that his most memorable role was that of Mogambo in Mr India. Whenever his name is mentioned, I can only imagine him saying" Mogambo khush huwa" He was quite a talented actor

Amrish Puri was indeed a great and talented actor. He was one of the best villains in the industry who also was a thorough gentleman.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

One of Amrish Puris early films was Kaadu( forest) in Kannada where he had a very powerful role as a tyrannical zamindar.  I also saw him in a play which was later made into a film by Shyam Benegal called Suraj ka Saatwan Ghoda. He really shone in such rustic roles because he had the personally and the voice required for such roles.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:

One of Amrish Puris early films was Kaadu( forest) in Kannada where he had a very powerful role as a tyrannical zamindar.  I also saw him in a play which was later made into a film by Shyam Benegal called Suraj ka Saatwan Ghoda. He really shone in such rustic roles because he had the personally and the voice required for such roles.

That was a very nice movie. Not just Amrish Puri, it had many good actors  Like Neena Gupta, Rajit Kapoor, Pallavi Joshi to name a few. 

jabeen wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

That was a very nice movie. Not just Amrish Puri, it had many good actors  Like Neena Gupta, Rajit Kapoor, Pallavi Joshi to name a few. 

True ...he did a good job in Vijeta as the army officer and as a villainous, corrupt lawyer in Meri Jung. I still remember the way he would flick his hair from his forehead in tje court room lol...

usha manohar wrote:

I remember reading about that movie but never got to saw it as I was very young then and never understood the concept of art films. Can anyone share a link from where it can be downloaded? I doubt if we can find it on the internet as it is quite old.

I listen about movie about Suraj Ka Santwana Ghoda, but I didn't watch it. Amrish Puri was playing roll in Hindi Movies for many years but he got recognition from Hum Panch. If I am not wrong he played an important role in Sunil Dutt's Reshma and Shera. 

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

I remember reading about that movie but never got to saw it as I was very young then and never understood the concept of art films. Can anyone share a link from where it can be downloaded? I doubt if we can find it on the internet as it is quite old.

In India, art movies are less popular though they have better story and acting than commercial movies. I was fortunate to watch ' Suraj ka Satvan Ghoda' in Doordarshan. Thise days, Doordarshan used to regularly broadcast many good art movies . Nowadays with cable network services, many people don't even watch Doordarshan.

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
jabeen wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

In India, art movies are less popular though they have better story and acting than commercial movies. I was fortunate to watch ' Suraj ka Satvan Ghoda' in Doordarshan. Thise days, Doordarshan used to regularly broadcast many good art movies . Nowadays with cable network services, many people don't even watch Doordarshan.

True Jabeen. Art films are many times better than mainstream movies because of good and meaningful story and powerful characters which we can relate well to in real life. While mainstream movies are all about glamour and dazzle and character we can hardly relate to. Doordarshan has failed to keep in touch with changing times and technology and the difference is quite glaring. So no one watches it any more.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.