Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Well, those replies are not really encouraging at all!!
Now, again i'm not too sure if I should post articles here. Boddunan as a community is good and there are other great aspects to it. But, I guess the articles will have to wait! :(

https://www.mummepreneur.com/
I believe it's not like that for I do find members still getting cash credits around Rs 90, Rs80, Rs 70 and Rs 50. May be that we expect too much from our articles and hence the disappointment comes in our ways....

I want the members to remain motivated and contribute in writing articles as much as they participate in other activities and soon you will find that your articles are earning you good cash credits in the future... :)
Kimberly and all others who are not satisfied with the credits,

I request everyone to think once that we all working on an Indian website where there are very few advertisers available and the revenue earned will be less. So is the cash credits.

If you could say that we can write on US websites to get more money, but I assure you that you will get micro-peanuts from them unless you are a very professional writer and can spend hell lot of your time in researching about the topics. Please note that this is not my statement but the experience of many Indian writers wrote to me personally.

The real motto behind Boddunan is to share the knowledge to all people and let all people earn some money and knowledge out of it. If I have to allow ONLY QUALITY ARTICLES that earn lots of money, I would say only 100-200 authors would have registered here.

I am not discouraging you guys but I am telling the truth. So please understand.

And, we are always working on improving the services so as the cash credits. We have been informed about the low cash credits issue before by Abid, Arun and others and we worked on it and whatever you are now getting is much more than what they earned at their time. We are still working on it to make the site earn more by optimizing it so that we can increase the pay rate.

Finally, guys I will tell you the secret of some writers who wrote extremely great articles (check top earned articles section). Many such article writers thanked me for providing opportunity to showcase their talent, they got really good offers from others to write for them. But yes, such things comes to you only if you can show your real talent and have luck.

Hope this clarifies.

When opportunity is in front of you, don't hesitate to catch it. It will never come to you again. - Maverick

Thank you said by: kimberly Dsouza
The explanation by Maverick is very apt. We can only share out of what the site earns. Also most of us are not rally professional but just like school children in comparison to the true professional authors. So, pocket money is all that we deserve.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thanks Maverick for the post. It is always good when we hear from the authority. Anyways, I know when I first joined and saw such low payout I was discouraged as I have always written for the US/UK sites and clients. And payment there would anyhow would be 45 times better than what I will get on any indian site due to the currency.

So I don't crib about the money part as hard as I use to before but still it needs to be improved so as to motivate me to write.

But as a webmaster I can understand your dilemma too, I have seen the earnings reports of all the months and can understand that we need to increase the revenue so that authors can get more credit.

What I don't get is how come Boddunan is earning such low income. To be honest and I am not at all bragging or stating astronomical figure, but we can quadruple boddunan earnings if we get are advertising right.

Have you tried contacting display banner advertisers. I know the ad impressions are high but hardly people would click so we have such low adsense income. We should gear towards display advertising.

Maverick, shoot me an PM and will tell you a site which optimizes the revenue potential for a site for us. I have used it with high success on my own sites.

You can test it for yourself too.
@Maverick

Thanks for your elaborate reply and what I could make out from it is the fact that low earnings of the site has created this compulsion to award low cash credits. Although you maintain that the situation has changed for the better but I perceive very little change based on my recent experiences. Let me share some of my thoughts in this context,it's undeniably true that you pay as much as you earn which also creates a formidable vicious circle of production of article of dubious quality and the resultant low cash credit and this is how it goes on and on! My only humble question is what are boddunan overall plans to come out this circle! Higher cash credit,professional rating of articles would naturally attract authors of calibre to write for this site which in turn generate decent revenue. Are you seriously working on this area?
Yes its true revenue earning is not easy task i am feeling that hard work need to earn good amount. Lot of website doing best to earn good revenue but fail to convert in huge money.

Better you keep try to earn revenue from your blog also.

Santosh Kumar Singh

http://experienceofknowledge.blogspot.com/

I think this is like stipend. that is earning while learning. We should thank boddunan.com for this opportunity.
Thanks Maverick for your reply. Like Arun said, its good to hear from the ones in authority. I DO UNDERSTAND your dilemma, but I do feel there has to be a way out of it too! Arun's suggestions could be it.

I wanted to post a reply over the weekend, but then I decided to "just forget it!" However, I just read Chinmoy's reply and was encouraged to add my thoughts as well.

I do not see anything wrong in allowing ONLY QUALITY ARTICLES that earn lots of money, even if it means that only 100-200 authors would have registered here.

An emphasis on quality would serve to encourage aspiring writers to improve on themselves. The quality of articles speaks a lot not only for the author but also for the site and as i've said before, since this is an Indian site, we are portraying an image here.

In addition, low quality of articles means low page ranking, which means lesser views and hence less revenue. If you increase the quality you will surely earn more. If do not keep an eye on quality, you will be left with low quality writers and low income. And on this low income, in the future, you might not be able to pay even what you are paying now!!

By posting low (ok - not so good) quality work, you are discouraging good quality writers from writing from you.

I would also like to add about my experience at Triond. When I joined the site, I used to receive several clicks from google. However, in a few weeks, I noticed a drop in google views.

https://www.mummepreneur.com/
Well since Chinmoy and Kimberly have carried this topic nicely with their to the point and thought provoking replies, I would like to add further to this discussion.

To carry this further I would like to present a personal case study.

I started a site 9 months ago, as of today it has 156 articles and that sites earns me 110 dollars on an average, plus I even have a direct blog sponsor which pays me 16 dollars a months( He pays me 10 pounds as he is from UK). Plus I also make a few amazon sales here and there for the products I advertised in my post. They are ofcourse related to the topic.

And the best part is only 4 articles on the site are written by me and rest are user submitted. I have a huge network of writers who write for me and they write 'coz I pay them fairly.

@Chinmoy - If you would have posed that question (How to get out of that visious circle one), then my reply would be that I would introduce a write on specific topic thread, where willing writers can claim that topic. They ofcourse would have to follow the guidelines of the topic like, minimum 750 words of unique content, related pictures, link to two authority sources etc. Ofcourse the pay for such specific articles should be pre-determined and the rate should be lucrative and high.

This will lead to more quality article production and also increase writers participation to the site.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.