(1) Monsoon is the season of thirsty and to become wet.

(2) everywhere the thirsty is seen.

(3) The farmers have a thirsty of rain.

These are three sentences. Can you tell me all that, Is these sentences are correct?

And if we use 'Thirstiness' instead of Thirty, Would all these sentences be said correct or not?

Want to make each day Accountable

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

These are three sentences. Can you tell me all that, Is these sentences are correct?

And if we use 'Thirstiness' instead of Thirty, Would all these sentences be said correct or not?

According to my idea if we use Thirstiness instead of Thirsty,It might be wrong in first sentence..............
Ronark, the word suggested to you was Thirst, not Thirsty. there is a difference between the two!!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thirsty is adjective and thirstiness is not.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in

use "thirst" in place of thirsty in 3rd sentence.

Delete "the" from the 2nd sentence.

use "thirst" in place of thirsty in 1st sentence.
First let me point out mistake in your question. 'Is these sentences are correct?. 'Is' is singular whereas 'sentences' is plural. 'Are' is superfluous as there should be only one auxiliary word in the beginning. so correct question is: Are these sentences correct?

On first sentence, 'thirsty' should be replaced with 'Thirst'. This is season when you feel thirst. You cannot say that this is not season of those who feel less thirst or no thirst. 'Monsoon is the season of thirst and getting wet' would be correct.

In second sentence, 'is' is incorrect. Do you see only one person thirsty whereas others are not. So, 'everywhere the thirsty are seen.' Still better- There is thirst everywhere.

In third sentence, 'thirsty' is wrong. farmers do not have thirsty. They have thirst. so, correct sentence is- 'The farmers have a thirst of rain'. Also correct' The farmers are thirsty of rain.

Thirst is itself an abstract noun. There is no need to use 'thirstiness'.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: Ronark Bhardwaj
First let me point out mistake in your question. 'Is these sentences are correct?. 'Is' is singular whereas 'sentences' is plural. 'Are' os superfluous as there should be only one auxiliary word in the beginning. so correct question is: are these sentences correct?

On first sentence, 'thirsty' should be replaced with 'Thirst'. This is season when you feel thirst. You cannot say that this is not season of those who feel lest thirst or no thirst. 'Monsoon is the season of thirst and getting wet' would be correct.

In second sentence, 'is' is correct. Do you see only one person thirsty or others not. So, 'everywhere the thirsty are seen.' Still better- There is thirst everywhere.

On third sentence, 'thirsty' is wrong. farmers do not have thirsty. They have thirst. so, correct sentence is- 'The farmers have a thirst of rain'. Also correct' The farmers are thirsty of rain.

Thirst is itself an abstract noun. There is no need to use 'thirstiness'.

Gulshan, thank you very much for your clear and concise explanation. I hope this is no longer an issue to Ronark and he understands it clearly!

'Thirst' and 'thirstiness' both words exist. So, we should be clear about proper usage of these.

These appear synonymous. I prefer short word and so prefer 'thirst'.
I feel that 'thirst' is actual need of water whereas 'thirstiness' is the feeling of 'thirst' even if there is no actual need. 'Thirstiness' can be more appropriately used to explain 'greed' as distinct from need. Thirstiness may pertain to wealth, gold and so on. An individual may have thirstiness for these whereas there is no actual need and no thirst.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

'Thirst' and 'thirstiness' both words exist. So, we should be clear about proper usage of these.

These appear synonymous. I prefer short word and so prefer 'thirst'.
I feel that 'thirst' is actual need of water whereas 'thirstiness' is the feeling of 'thirst' even if there is no actual need. 'Thirstiness' can be more appropriately used to explain 'greed' as distinct from need. Thirstiness may pertain to wealth, gold and so on. An individual may have thirstiness for these whereas there is no actual need and no thirst.

This is the perfect explanation to understand the difference between two, thanks very much for this!

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
Ronark I agree with Kalyani, Sanjeev and Gulshanji.

I want to focus one more thing here. We can use some other words instead of thirst. Like -
1. Monsoon is a season of desire to become wet.
2. Everywhere people desires.....
3. The farmers have desire for rain.
Ronark I agree with Kalyani, Sanjeev and Gulshanji.

I want to focus one more thing here. We can use some other words instead of thirst. Like -
1. Monsoon is a season of desire to become wet.
2. Everywhere people desires.....
3. The farmers have desire for rain.

Denyani, technically, these are correct, but if you take the purpose of it into consideration then the third sentence is not correct. The truth is farmers cannot do without rains, hence the thirst for rain would be correct. Substituting it for desire would only mean at a superficial level and so its not appropriate usage!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.