The topic is locked.
How to mention the source of image uploaded in an article? Is there any need to mention the image source if the article is typed in HTML text editor? Please help
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
How to mention the source of image uploaded in an article? Is there any need to mention the image source if the article is typed in HTML text editor? Please help

Yes it is essential to mention source of image.

You should have asked this under queries post.
You must mention the source of image though you have typed in HTML text editor. Mention the site from which you have uploaded the image. This is to ensure that the image used was not copy protected.
Gouri mentioning the source of image you have used in your article is important to ensure they do not violate any copyright issues.

You only need to mention the source at the end of your article in the following manner, eg. if you have taken picture from wikipedia, mention it as:

Image Source: Wikipedia

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: Ashii
Gouri mentioning the source of image you have used in your article is important to ensure they do not violate any copyright issues.

You only need to mention the source at the end of your article in the following manner, eg. if you have taken picture from wikipedia, mention it as:

In one of my articles written recently, I had forgotten to mention the source and after being reminded about it, I gave the source as wikimedia image gallery and it was again rejected saying that 2 of the images dont match ! I was surprised to see this...Are we supposed to go through the history of images and do the other members do this as well? I deleted all the images and resubmitted it. We add images to enhance our articlews and I understand that we need to give the source but once the source is given where is the need for rejection?

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

In one of my articles written recently, I had forgotten to mention the source and after being reminded about it, I gave the source as wikimedia image gallery and it was again rejected saying that 2 of the images dont match ! I was surprised to see this...Are we supposed to go through the history of images and do the other members do this as well? I deleted all the images and resubmitted it. We add images to enhance our articlews and I understand that we need to give the source but once the source is given where is the need for rejection?

@Usha- I am not aware about case of Gouri but two of your images did not match the source you provided when asked, those two were copyrighted photos one from a cartoon network and other from amazon dot com, which you probably missed . The best way to prove your claim is to provide url of images if you are not sure and make editor's job easy as suggested by admin.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Thank you said by: usha manohar

@Usha- I am not aware about case of Gouri but two of your images did not match the source you provided when asked, those two were copyrighted photos one from a cartoon network and other from amazon dot com, which you probably missed . The best way to prove your claim is to provide url of images if you are not sure and make editor's job easy as suggested by admin.

This image issue is becoming far too complicated since I download pictures from wikimedia which has pictures from other sites as well and it would be a herculean task for anyone to get the url etc...may be better not to attach any pictures here if we need to go through such a lot of circus...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

This image issue is becoming far too complicated since I download pictures from wikimedia which has pictures from other sites as well and it would be a herculean task for anyone to get the url etc...may be better not to attach any pictures here if we need to go through such a lot of circus...

If you think an editor misjudged your case, you had the option of sending your case to support in place of deleting your images from the article. Forums are no place to bring these matters.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Please quote the url of the picture at the end of the article so that editor can review and delete it while reviewing your article. this way you can avoid both loss valuable of time and effort to contact back and forth. I am locking this thread as this does not go anywhere even if you discuss for days.

When opportunity is in front of you, don't hesitate to catch it. It will never come to you again. - Maverick

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.