I have Tikona internet connection. I am facing connectivity problems since some time. I get the message on screen- one of the cables is unplucked, even though none is unplucked. Then I try to take out all the three cables clean the modem and again put the cables in modem. Then the net works for some time and again the problem creeps in.

What is the remedy? .

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I have Tikona internet connection. I am facing connectivity problems since some time. I get the message on screen- one of the cables is unplucked, even though none is unplucked. Then I try to take out all the three cables clean the modem and again put the cables in modem. Then the net works for some time and again the problem creeps in.

What is the remedy? .

Your Modem is at fault. Did you lodge a complaint to Tikona service providers ? Or did you restart the computer once and tried if the signal is recurring ? Most of such faults will be set right with a restart.

What is the remedy? .
Do you have latest operating system with all its driver updated? also the compmany of modem time to time release driver update, thirdly any chance of net cut, or spywares on your computer.

http://mohanmekap.com/

My problem is that I use the Tikona network only on sundays at residence. I use the Airtel in office. I also feel that the modem is at fault. Today I have sent email to Tikona and they will be taking action in 72 hours. I have asked for changing the modem. The net works for some time after I take out all cables and insert them again in the modem.

Thank you said by: mohan manohar
My problem is that I use the Tikona network only on sundays at residence. I use the Airtel in office. I also feel that the modem is at fault. Today I have sent email to Tikona and they will be taking action in 72 hours. I have asked for changing the modem. The net works for some time after I take out all cables and insert them again in the modem.

The fact that your net works for some time and stops functioning repeatedly says that the Modem is at fault. Anyhow you lodged a complaint to the service provider. He will certainly change the Modem.
So, it is modem which seems at fault, thankfully yours root cause of problemssnow at conclusive end.

http://mohanmekap.com/

So, it is modem which seems at fault, thankfully yours root cause of problemssnow at conclusive end.

Now I see that modem is also okay. The cables are loosely connected to the computer. The net works well after properly connecting the net cables.

Now I see that modem is also okay. The cables are loosely connected to the computer. The net works well after properly connecting the net cables.

So it all ended with lose connection. OK. remember any major or minor problem should be done through the service provider. If we do something on our own they will throw entire blame on the user.
Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani

So it all ended with lose connection. OK. remember any major or minor problem should be done through the service provider. If we do something on our own they will throw entire blame on the user.

I would not change the modem and get new cables myself. But inserting the wires in computer is simple task. Just connecting the cable to UPS and CPU is very routine. Actually, I am a bit slow in such matters especially because except sunday. I leave home early and come back late.

I would not change the modem and get new cables myself. But inserting the wires in computer is simple task. Just connecting the cable to UPS and CPU is very routine. Actually, I am a bit slow in such matters especially because except sunday. I leave home early and come back late.

It happened a couple of times when I tried to solve the problem of non functioning of the modem. When the service provider entered the scene who gave me a friendly advise that to inform the service provider however small the problem looks and wait.
Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
Just for fun-- The lesson to be drawn is never be loosely connected in software or hardware !!
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.