Today is 94th birthday of popular cartoonist, R. K. Laxman (Rasipuram Krishnaswami Iyer Laxman). He was famous for common man character.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R._K._Laxman

No other category other then help  is available, so I posting this topic in help category.

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Rasipuram Krishnaswamy iyer Laxman is his full name. He is well known for the creation of Common man. His elder brother was famous writer R. K. Narayan.

rambabu wrote:

Rasipuram Krishnaswamy iyer Laxman is his full name. He is well known for the creation of Common man. His elder brother was famous writer R. K. Narayan.

Rambabu you are also from R.K. Laxman profession. You know much more about him. Write more about him.

Thank you said by: rambabu

The uncommon man behind the ‘common man’ has left us on 26th January 2015. Now the Common Man is alone, without his creator, and has to take care of himself.

RAMAKRISHNAN. A wrote:

The uncommon man behind the ‘common man’ has left us on 26th January 2015. Now the Common Man is alone, without his creator, and has to take care of himself.

creator never died they always alive in their creations and in heart of peoples.

Yes, his creations live; and also the millions of smiles he has left behind.

Whoever loves cartoon will never forget R.K.Laxman's creation be it any.

shampasaid

anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:

Rambabu you are also from R.K. Laxman profession. You know much more about him. Write more about him.

Dear Anil, First of all, even though I too draw cartoons, R.K Laxman is a giant and I'm mere a speck.  Kahan R.K Laxman Aur Kahan Main ? He is in the sky and I'm on the ground.

Now let me tell about late R.K Laxman. He worked as a regular cartoonist in the beginning days as a political catoonist in The Freepress Journal, Mumbai. Later he Joined The Times of India and became famous for his Immortal cartoon  " Common man."

His cartoons remain forever.

One of the cartoons which impressed me was, A dialogue between two Villagers. Both had seen that a laughing politician approaching their village for the first time after his election.

They say, It seems, it is the election Time now.

rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:

Dear Anil, First of all, even though I too draw cartoons, R.K Laxman is a giant and I'm mere a speck.  Kahan R.K Laxman Aur Kahan Main ? He is in the sky and I'm on the ground.

Now let me tell about late R.K Laxman. He worked as a regular cartoonist in the beginning days as a political catoonist in The Freepress Journal, Mumbai. Later he Joined The Times of India and became famous for his Immortal cartoon  " Common man."

One of the cartoons which impressed me was, A dialogue between two Villagers. Both had seen that a laughing politician approaching their village for the first time after his election.

Very funny, what cartoonist express in their cartoon is bitter, but it is sugar and laughing gas coated. 

anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:

Very funny, what cartoonist express in their cartoon is bitter, but it is sugar and laughing gas coated. 

True. cartoons make you laugh especially cartoons with satire. They remind us about the sorry state of affairs prevailing in the society and poke us in a subtle and smooth manner.

A great cartoonist indeed. It was heartening to see the Google Doodle yesterday on the Google Homepage yesterday as a tribute to the legend. Just loved it.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.