Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Greatness has no death. It is immortal. Google Doodle paying rich tributes to Late R.K. Laxman even after his death is an example. Though Laxman is no more with us, he lives in  the hearts  of the people for his social service through his cartoons with satire. His cartoons are not just cartoons. They carried the message about societal irregularities.

Laxman was a sharp observer of events and had to produce a cartoon daily for publication in the Times of India next day, Readers like me would first see his cartoon and then read the headline most of the time. His cartoons were an addiction. His cartoons are his best memories.

True. Creating cartoon a day warrants for lot of imagination and creativity. Of course keen observation of the surroundings will go a long way in any creative field. R. K. Laxman's cartoons are not just laugh evoking cartoons. They remind you of disorderliness in the society.

One of my favorite cartoon is depiction of a CEO of  a  Public sector production plant. He was explaining the visiting Minister saying " Ever since we stopped production, we started making profits."

Here is one of my favorite cartoons of RK Laxman.  Scientists are working on ‘Man on the Moon Project’ in a Space Centre. At that time one scientist brings Common Man and introduces to others:  “This is our man! He can survive without water, food, light, air, shelter,...........!”

RAMAKRISHNAN. A wrote:

Here is one of my favorite cartoons of RK Laxman.  Scientists are working on ‘Man on the Moon Project’ in a Space Centre. At that time one scientist brings Common Man and introduces to others:  “This is our man! He can survive without water, food, light, air, shelter,...........!”

Ahaha. Another trait the Common Man is blessed with is, He never Protests. He remains a silent spectator of the events.

94th birthday of R K Lakshman

some of the best cartoons of R K L were written for a Kannada newspaper called Navabharata  during the seventies when he came up with a new cartoon each week day...they were hilarious but at the same time hard hitting....

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Another one of his cartoons shows two famished farmers looking at an landing helicopter on a barren field. One farmer says, have elections been announced.

At present time work of cartoonist is not easy. Our politicians have not tolerance power. Mamta Banerjee CM of WB send one cartoonist behind bar. Jawahar Lal Nehru first PM of India said to R.K. Laxman, when you sketch cartoon on me, send one poitrait of it to me.

Regarding our political leaders, RK Laxman once said:  “……That’s what politics is all about today. Blah-blah-blah. The day that stops and the quality of our leaders improve, I will have to retire and go away.”

The Legendary R. K. Laxman was a self made satirist. His forte is Political satire. His favorite bird is Crow. He has drawn innumerable number of Crows.

One of his cartoons that I like immensely is, A serpentine Queue standing before the Ration Shop. A man in the queue posts a letter to his wife through the Post Box, just by the side of the road. An inquisitive person asks him, to whom he has written the letter.. The man replies, " To my wife.  Four days ago I left my home for the Rations. I informed her that I was safe and standing in the Ration queue."

As usual, the Common man looks silently.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.