Hi all, I just had my new article published. I had initially typed it in MS Word and then used the Paste from Word function. When I submitted it the font size looked all right that is normal sized. But now, after I checked it, the font size looks too small. Can someone help me out here? Can the article be edited now that it is already published? If yes, how to change the font size?

The article is "The Inimitable Bhimsen Joshi"

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Kalyani,
I also use Paste from word option and the specification i give are Size: 12 and Font: Times New Roman.Try it.The size will be ok.

At present your article is published.But you can edit it if you want.To edit you have to click the icon seen on the Top right corner of the article along with the other 3 buttons.Don't use the "edit" button for editing this article.I think its for reviews.So use the icon.
Once you edit and save, the points and cash credits will disappear and it will be pending for re-review.Then to re-review you have to send a mail to support team including the link of article via Contact Us in Main menu.

In my opinion.Don't edit the present article.The size is ok.It will take 3-4 days for re-review because there is long Q of new article.
Thanks very much MC,

Your answer is very helpful, I will keep this bit of info in mind while doing other articles. Okay, will not edit this one now but your info is very helpful.

Thanks once again.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
[quote]Thanks very much MC,

Your answer is very helpful, I will keep this bit of info in mind while doing other articles. Okay, will not edit this one now but your info is very helpful.

Thanks once again.[/quote]

If you want to make changes, you are most welcome to do so. Always make a note that DO NOT USE MS WORD TO WRITE ARTICLES. Use Notepad or any plain text editor or better use Boddunan editor itself. This would avoid unnecessary formatting. ***Always make a note that there will be more cash credits awarded for properly formatted articles***

When opportunity is in front of you, don't hesitate to catch it. It will never come to you again. - Maverick

You are welcome kalyani.

Maverick,
Can you tell me why we should not use MS Word??.I think everyone use Paste from word option.
Also hope you remember my experience of writing directly in boddunan editor.I was using chrome and after writing the article, i did a spell check.Suddenly the window was closed and i lost my article!.From that time onwards i used MS Word to write articles.

The reason why i use the specification of font size 12 and 'times new roman' is that when you write in boddunan editor(paragraph) and when it is copy pasted in MS word, this is the specification.

In this case though the size is bit small,its readable.So i asked not to change.Its not gonna make much difference.right.
The main reason is MS Word uses styles and formatting which is not compatible with any other internet application as they are Microsoft proprietary. Same applies to boddunan editor. Even if you use Paste from MS Word button you would end up adding unnecessary stuff hidden from you but stored in database. It will make article unprofessional and make the users uninterested in reading the article.

Also content pasted from MS Word is hard to format again on boddunan editor and would sometimes make your article unreadable.

Best remedy is use Notepad or some other plain text editor. After writing in Notepad, paste it to boddunan editor and format there only. This way your article looks beautiful.

When opportunity is in front of you, don't hesitate to catch it. It will never come to you again. - Maverick

Thanks Maverick!!!

I always use Paste from MSWord icon to submit my article :(

Hope should keep these points in mind!

Thanks 'n' Regards,
Deepti.
Maverick,
I understand your point but I didn't get a complete idea.like..the hidden stuff.I think it is more correct for articles with many headings and formatting.Otherwise for article with just paragraph only, paste from word with the above specification is very much readable.Hope you agree.
Anyways.I will start using notepad.
MC wrote:
[quote]Maverick,
I understand your point but I didn't get a complete idea.like..the hidden stuff.I think it is more correct for articles with many headings and formatting.Otherwise for article with just paragraph only, paste from word with the above specification is very much readable.Hope you agree.
Anyways.I will start using notepad.[/quote]

If you see the article written directly and paste from word, you can easily find the difference in formatting. Our site uses special templates to make the content matching with the template. Since the word uses its own styles and formatting which are not cleaned up, it would become hard for us to maintain that look and feel whenever we change templates.

To know what hidden stuff is added, just right click on article page and click view source to see the HTML source. You can see a lot of styles added to paragraphs.

Ok Maverick.Your point is clear.
So guys..The point to be noted.Don't use MS Word for writing articles.
By the way, why don't you just delete the option "Paste from word" from editor, maverick."Paste as plain text" would be enough!. :)
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.