This question is perturbing my mind for quite some days.Can we start working on improving the quality of the articles we submit by doing a spell check and grammar check?.Can we start using proper punctuation,and full stops?.

It is my humble suggestion.Please share your views.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Many are not at all caring these things.The better way is to reject such article showing the reason.

Visit my blogs:

http://abidareacode.blogspot.com
Thanks Abid for acknowledging my suggestion. I am happy that you replied for this thread. :) :)
Nagalakshmi, you have brought up a very good and valid point, but the one that is very often ignored by writers. I usually reject an article with too many errors and get it rectified by the wirters. But in spite of tha, there seems to be no learning on this front.
By raising this thread, I hope there is some awareness regarding this aspect.

A plea from my side to all writers, PLEASE PLEASE use a dictionary to check spellings!!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

The articles should be free of spelling and grammatical mistakes. But after submission, we should concentrate on new articles and forums instead of clinging to the already submitted articles. However if any shortcomings are pointed or noticed, care should be taken to write better in new articles/ forums.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Before rejecting if the editors give the reason and a chance for 1 to 2 times, next time they will surely check the spell and grammer before submitting articles

http://beautytipsforflawlessskin.blogspot.com/

[quote]Before rejecting if the editors give the reason and a chance for 1 to 2 times, next time they will surely check the spell and grammar before submitting articles [/quote]

When an article is rejected for any reason, it is clearly cited in the Rejection note. If it is for grammatical and spelling errors, it is expected that the same be rectified, the article cleaned and resubmitted, but unfortunately is not taken heed by the authors in many instances!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

If you improve your article as per editors comments then you article quality will improve.

Santosh Kumar Singh

http://experienceofknowledge.blogspot.com/

Obviously we try to give our best in writing an article.The maturity comes with increasing no of article submission.Writing becomes better if we take into account the corrections suggested and act accordingly.I have experienced this in past one month.

Arise Awake and Rest Not till the Goal is Achieved.
I think the standard of articles are definetely needed here as have seen some mistakes which is not encourage by anyone. I wish if any mistakes are there other than editor even members can show the error as a comment so that next time such error are not comitted.
I still remember my very first day in this site and I was so enthusiastic during that point of time that I quickly wrote an article and submitted the same without doing any spell check. Next, it was edited and got approved by Kalyani and she wrote a small remark that pay attention to spellings and punctuation marks and I was very confused during that point of time as I was not comfortable with MS word and spell check but I soon learnt it with practice and from that point of time I always make sure to do a spell check before submitting an article....That was special day for me as my first article got approved and now I realize what a blunder I created by not doing the spell check and I will remain ever grateful to Kalyani for accepting my first article and showing my mistake......Had that not been approved and she not informed me rightly about my mistake then I might have felt, during that point of time, that this is certainly not the right place for me for I don't have it in me... :) :)
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.