The topic is locked.
Hello friends,
I have a question for you all. Can we call India as United States of India?
I am making this question because from past 5 years, India is emerging as a powerful Country and also America considers India as his partner/friend.
But there are few incidents that make a doubt regarding India's people Unity.
I have also written an article on Controversial India thats gives us the another aspect of India. Still there are many new faces of India in the positive direction.

Please post your views on this subject.
and also tell that can we call India as...?

Regard,
Atul Barapatre

atulb@boddunan.com
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
The only reason that we may not like to call India as UNITED STATES OF INDIA is that our country is the biggest MULTILINGUAL country in the world.....so we are indeed divided by language........ :(
India is not a full fledged federal nation unlike U.S.A. India is quasi federal. Characteristics of both unitary and federal state are mixed in our constitution. Our states are some times called Dignified municipalities. We have to change our constitution and give more power to states so that the Center has only Foreign affairs, currency and Defense and all other matters are in domain of states. Till we have states with maximum autonomy, we cannot be called United States of India. In this connection, global importance is not relevant.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

well explained Mr.Gulshan
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.