Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
The person who lived a normal life even having money with him. There are some politicians also who lived a normal life.

Earn money just for joining in this site.

http://www.money-friends.net/users/profile/en/155119.html

The issue is- Who according to you is the Greatest Indian till now?

The choice may be difficult but this must be made. Moreover, greatest must not be only from the freedom fighters. He may be any who did outstanding job or could be even of pre british era.

I gave my choice; Raja Ram Mohan Roy. I also gave reason.

Please give specifically name of any one person as THE GREATEST INDIAN SO FAR.

Just saying that all are great only shows inability to take decision.

No it is not inability to take decision at all, even for a single person, there can be more choices than one, so it would be slightly unfair to name one.

Personally for me, I have to select one name among so many that are greatest in my opinion, Swami Vivekanand, Sant Dnyaneshwar, Sant Eknath, Lokmanya Tilak, Veer Savarkar, Maharishi Karve.... they are all so great, I cannot name but one person!!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

The person who lived a normal life even having money with him. There are some politicians also who lived a normal life.

What do you mean by that sasikanth? Could you please explain a little more?

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

We have just celebrated our 65th Independence Day with Nationwide pride. :) We all have long known about people who have served the country with full devotion and helped India make an identity of its own in the world arena. I would like to know who will you choose as the Greatest Indian till now? And why?

Asha don't mind but kindly change the above. It should be 66th Independence Day and not 65th. Kindly go through Google search engine in case of any doubt.

No Devyani, Asha is right ! It is 65th Independence day since we got freedom in 1947...

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/nation-celebrates-independence-day/1/213155.html

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

The Greatest Indian till now is RAJA RAM MOHAN ROY.

He successfully fought against the most cruel, senseless and inhuman SATI system. Even the victims were not opposing this. The whole society opposed Raja Ram Mohan Roy. Still he fought like a true and exemplary social revolutionary. It is easier to fight the establishment when masses are with you. But it is altogether different when the masses including victims oppose your action.

He is also known as the "Maker of Modern India". And he was the one who realized that his country will be backward if the citizens don't learn English, Mathematics and Science. He even started a college with his own money. Has greatly contributed towards the country undoubtedly.

Live in the present :)
Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
ABJ Abdul Kalam is the GReatest Indian till now in my point of View.

Yes he is counted in one of the greatest Indians of all time. He was one of the finest presidents we had and was particularly famous among children

I think "Rani Laxmi Bai" was the greatest Indian who being a woman never let Britishers to enter her state. :blink:

She was a great warrior in that era when male dominance was at its peak.

Sorry, but I couldn't get your viewpoint. Kindly elaborate it for us. :)

I agree that we are lucky to have a long list of the Indians who we truly admire and consider as Great Indians. But there is always a favorite, the one who you consider has contributed in a manner that brought major changes. the one who according to you took the greatest heroic step ever.

The person I admire is Dr. B.R. Ambedkar for his role in eradication of untouchability. He devoted his life to bring an equal status to the shudras.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.