Our Onam celebrations start tomorrow and it ends on Friday. First Onam, Second Onam, Third onam and Fourth Onam.
Second Onam is Thiruvonam and 4th Onam is Narayana Guru Jayanthi also. Am wishing you all a happy and prosperous Thiruvonam,
If you have any queries about Onam, ask me here :)

Also, I will be on leave for next 5-6 days. :) :)

Meera sandhu
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Happy Onam to you and everybody on the forum. I don't know much about the festival. :unsure: What do you do that day or how do you celebrate it?

Live in the present :)
Our Onam celebrations start tomorrow and it ends on Friday. First Onam, Second Onam, Third onam and Fourth Onam.
Second Onam is Thiruvonam and 4th Onam is Narayana Guru Jayanthi also. Am wishing you all a happy and prosperous Thiruvonam,
If you have any queries about Onam, ask me here :)

Also, I will be on leave for next 5-6 days. :) :)

Happy Onam to you and your Family. May God give you whatever you ask for. :)

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Thank you said by: Sandhya Rani
Suni, you should have come to capital city this time.....you really missed a lovely celebration.
Thrissur is wet in rains.....but it's not the case of capital city now.

Meera sandhu
Happy onam to you and your family.I also wish to all of my friends here.
Enjoy Onam and is it similar as Durgapuja. Durgapuja is also held for four days.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in
Enjoy Onam and is it similar as Durgapuja. Durgapuja is also held for four days.

We also celebrate Durgapooja for 4 days. My girl was born on Mahanavami.

This year her birthday comes on Mahanavami day, after 5 years. Every year, a difference of 1 month occurs. This time, both falls on the same day

Meera sandhu
Special programs of Onam are Sadhya (just 1 letter short of Sandhya..hi hi), boat race, sack race, vadam vali, putting bindi on a lady's forehead.....(only picture), vadam vali, kalam adi..., Attam etc

Meera sandhu
Best greetings on Onam. I think that this is a season festival. There are similar festivals like Bihu in Assam, Baisakhi in Punjab. Please confirm this.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

This year her birthday comes on Mahanavami day, after 5 years. Every year, a difference of 1 month occurs. This time, both falls on the same day

Is it same or not. Which god are worshiped in this festival.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in
Best greetings on Onam. I think that this is a season festival. There are similar festivals like Bihu in Assam, Baisakhi in Punjab. Please confirm this.

yes, it's a seasonal festival...actually harvest festival.
But its story is related to Mahabali and vamanan. Hoping you people know that story ( 1 story of Dasavatharam).

Though Maveli is considered a cruel king in Hindu mythology, according to our beliefs, he was a good king and Devas were jealous of him. He comes every year to visit his subjects on Thiruvonam star of Chingam month.

Meera sandhu

Is it same or not. Which god are worshiped in this festival.

We are just welcoming our king Mahabali with Kerala sadya (Vegetarian rice food with more than 10 curries and sweet payasam).

Meera sandhu
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.