The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I gave my first salary to my parents but they returned me back and asked me to open a saving account and deposit in it till I have the responsibilities of my own family. :)

Thats really nice.. :) :)
So i hope you did...

Yes I did it infact I did many FDs from that many.My parents still resist to take financial help from me as my father is retired from Reliance energy (Delhi) and gets pension more than a fresh engineer used to get in private sector. :blink:
Congratulation Asha.

My first job was with Border Roads Organization in 1965. This was field posting. I was entitle to free residence, food and uniform. The starting salary including allowances was Rs. 300/-. I retained only Rs. 30/- and sent Rs 270/- to my parents.

There is some discussion on savings. My suggestion is that continue saving only 10% of your salary every month till the age of sixty years. This will grow to a very big amount then. This helps in old age when income is less.

I think 300 rupees in 1965 is worth more than 5 lakhs of present time. :)

Meera sandhu
Let me share this with all of you that I am soon going to join my first job! :) I am very happy and already thinking on how should I use my first salary. :cheer: Tell me how did you spend your first pay cheque or is it still a part of your savings?

I forget to congratulate you Asha.

Congratulations and may God bless you with more earnings in years to come.

It's really a great moment when we receive our first salary. Can you please tell me in which sector/job are you working?

Tell me the amount. Then I will tell you how to spend it ;)
Just kidding yaar.....

It gives us more satisfaction if we spend our small earnings for someone we love. As you are unmarried, you can gift something to your parents. You can give them separate gifts also.
Just think.....what your parents really want to buy, yet postponing it for the next time? Why can't you buy that one as a gift and surprise them? It may be a simple thing yet they will be happy :cheer:

Meera sandhu
Thank you said by: Ashii
My first salary was 900 Rupees When I was working as apprentice in one company. I gave it to my sister. She open a account and saved the money in my name.

http://rebacca-vethathiri.blogspot.in/
Congratulation Asha.

My first job was with Border Roads Organization in 1965. This was field posting. I was entitle to free residence, food and uniform. The starting salary including allowances was Rs. 300/-. I retained only Rs. 30/- and sent Rs 270/- to my parents.

There is some discussion on savings. My suggestion is that continue saving only 10% of your salary every month till the age of sixty years. This will grow to a very big amount then. This helps in old age when income is less.

I think 300 rupees in 1965 is worth more than 5 lakhs of present time. :)

Even my father started job in 1962 with the salary of 165 Rs and he bought a house in Delhi after working for this much salary in 5~6 years. :)

Even i saw a film in which Shashi Kapoor was earning 3000 Rs/month and asks heroine to go to Switzerland with that much salary.hehehe... :laugh:
Congratulation Asha on your new job. I gave a puja and gifted some to all my family members including parents,They have a great contribution to us so we should always remember first them.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in
To be frank. I won't consider saving for atleast first 6 months.
Enjoy till you have time. Just do what ever you have wanted to do which you were not able to do just because of the money..
You can save 5-10% if you feel like. But the saving automatically come. So keep spending it... :) :)

I think I am poor with savings though. ;) I have noticed that! let me have some hard earned money in my hands first, may be then I will seriously learn the importance of savings. :lol:

That's exactly what my daughter and son told me that they would blast it away for the first six months and then think of saving and I was wondering what next ?..But when they actually got the salary in hand they became more responsible and did what I did , bought gifts for me ,of course spent it as they wanted but also managed to save a little :)

Ha haa.. yes that ultimately happens as we feel like saving to buy something big.. and for our future.. That;s lovely that your children are smart enough..

Life is a box of Chocolate, You never know what you gonna get.... :)
www.InstantKhichri.blogspot.in
Guys would like to thank you all for your wishes and the valuable suggestions of saving a part and spending the rest for your family. I will surely take savings as an option after I spend my first salary buying little surprises for my family. ;) As everyone has congratulated me and given me their precious suggestions so now I lock this thread. :)

Live in the present :)
Devyani, a very similar topic has been discussed recently and hence closing this thread. Please do not repeat topics discussed already or the posts become too repetitive!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: Devyani Sarkar
Friends I just want to know what generally people do when they receive their first salary. What will be the first reaction? How will be spend the money? Will he really spend it or not?

Devyani if you go through the last few pages you will get a lot of suggestions as well as ideas. Pulled up the thread for you!

Live in the present :)
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.