Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
It is not just your poems but also your various post in the forums which has turned many people into your admirers. I for one always look forward to read your post as I get to learn a new word from every post of yours.

I don't know whom you have had in mind but what heartens me is your warm nature. All the very best to you!!

The same problem here too. Even I didn't understand whom Jabeen was referring to. But whoever it was, the compliments were really good.

As much as I understand Jabeen was addressing to thread starter. The TS understood it and returned the compliment :) :)

You are right. I was addressing to Chinmoy sir. Even though many of the members write good English, Chinmoy often uses words which are less commonly used.

@Jabeen

That's fairly interesting! Why I call it so needs to be explained. In my younger days I came across a section of English writers whose style was pedantic and they would pack lots of rarely used words in their writings with the sole of aim of sounding very erudite. Let me make it clear that never found my approval and much less appreciation. A writer or an author should look to any language just as a --medium or vehicle of conveying ideas- nothing more nothing less. I have a feeling - a conviction rather- that it is sublimity of ideas which matters a lot and the language would take care of itself.
It is not just your poems but also your various post in the forums which has turned many people into your admirers. I for one always look forward to read your post as I get to learn a new word from every post of yours.

I don't know whom you have had in mind but what heartens me is your warm nature. All the very best to you!!

The same problem here too. Even I didn't understand whom Jabeen was referring to. But whoever it was, the compliments were really good.

As much as I understand Jabeen was addressing to thread starter. The TS understood it and returned the compliment :) :)

You are right. I was addressing to Chinmoy sir. Even though many of the members write good English, Chinmoy often uses words which are less commonly used.

@Jabeen

That's fairly interesting! Why I call it so needs to be explained. In my younger days I came across a section of English writers whose style was pedantic and they would pack lots of rarely used words in their writings with the sole of aim of sounding very erudite. Let me make it clear that never found my approval and much less appreciation. A writer or an author should look to any language just as a --medium or vehicle of conveying ideas- nothing more nothing less. I have a feeling - a conviction rather- that it is sublimity of ideas which matters a lot and the language would take care of itself.

I however feel that a word can make all the differences. To tell you the truth, sometimes i do get stuck up with a word knowing that using another synonymous words do not convey the exact meaning that i wanted. So, when i come across any new words I do tend to look it up in the dictionary for future references. Because, I feel that both the ideas and the words used in expressing the idea are equally important. otherwise one tends to end up with a lot of superfluous words.

@Jabeen

I however feel that a word can make all the differences. To tell you the truth, sometimes i do get stuck up with a word knowing that using another synonymous words do not convey the exact meaning that i wanted. So, when i come across any new words I do tend to look it up in the dictionary for future references. Because, I feel that both the ideas and the words used in expressing the idea are equally important. otherwise one tends to end up with a lot of superfluous words.

Not an iota of doubt about greatness of an absorbing blend of great ideas clothed in aptness and elegance of words. But to my scheme of things ideas rule supreme and sublime. There are instances galore where authors made great statement with incredibly simple words. One that readily comes to my mind at this moment is that of Mahatma Gandhi: "The Cow is a Poem of Pity".
Please no more of Chinmoy's poems...Please stop now....When I started reading out his poems to my 1 year old daughter she started crying badly... :blush: :blush: :blush:

Mala Jaiswar
Your babe is more intelligent than me!!! :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:

Very true Jabeen.. and not just a new word every time, but a new and beautiful way in which to write the word too! He is a kind of English language teacher here, that is, for those who care to learn new things! :)

@Kalyani!

Never promote me to the status of a teacher and I love to be a student all my life - learning certain things and unlearning a few also! :P :P :P :P

A good student makes a good teacher, said the very wise lady! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Please no more of Chinmoy's poems...Please stop now....When I started reading out his poems to my 1 year old daughter she started crying badly... :blush: :blush: :blush:

So, what's the moral of the story? Who needs to grow up? Please clarify :P :P :P
Great to hear it. I too love to read poems. I too want to write poems. but do not have sufficient knowledge for writing poems. I need some better instructions to write a poem.
Great to hear it. I too love to read poems. I too want to write poems. but do not have sufficient knowledge for writing poems. I need some better instructions to write a poem.

Sometimes you don't need to have sufficient knowledge to write poems, inspired ideas are all that you need. Just put them down on paper and you will find you can do it! :cheer:

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

True poems though exactly low in content but it is written from heart, it is exactly what you think, some of it might be misery but it does not intent to hurt them, it might please and scare some but admirers from all walks of life equally praise these poems with might and open heart.

http://mohanmekap.com/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.