Hello friends,
I want to share a incident.
Today my Yahoo Email account was Hijacked by some China company people. :angry:
They actually didn't harm my account but used my email-id to promote their products/company.

See this content which was mailed to all my contact list:-
[quote]My dear friends,Thanks for your concern.
I am sorry to disturb you,But hope i can bring your happys and good news now!!!
Recently,I find one well electronic company ( www.uggbootshoe.com ),They can wholesale or retail more and more popular electronic products,Such as notebook,mobile phone,digital camera,video,video games,GPS system,DVD player,mp3/mp4,motorbike etc...
Of course, I have order some items from this company, And surprised received my likes items in 3-5 days!!!
As you know, I have pay very cheap money and get one best quality items, So i must have to introduce and recommend you this good electronic company( http://www.uggbootshoe.com/ )!!!
The better service with low price,what are you waiting for???
Please Join this company immediately,All items will bring you more profit and pleasantly surprised price.
Hope we can get more cheap price and High-quality items from this popular company in future!!!
Looking forward to your good news soon!!!
Contact this company website:( www.uggbootshoe.com ).
Best regards,yours sincerely![/quote]

I Googled this type of misuse. and came to know that these people hijack the account by stealing the cookies from our computer to use for marketing purpose. :dry:

I just reported to Yahoo support , Changed my password, Deleted my cookies.

I want you all to be alert while surfing, don't surf any website which is unknown to you or is not trustful.

Its under control now but I am receiving messages from my friends regarding such kind of mail. :(

Hope we learn some thing from this type of incident.

Regards,
Atul Barapatre B)

atulb@boddunan.com
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Hi Atul,
Thanks for alerting every one in boddunan, I will be more careful while browsing sites now. Also I will inform my friend too.
Thanks for the information.
Thank you atul for letting us know about this type of information. It is totally new and i have heard this for the first time.

Thank you.
We all need be careful in browsing. But what exactly should be the precautions. There are many websites and we click the one of interest. One precaution is not to click any link in mail but instead copy and paste it, Please inform the precautions that we may take.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Oh .. its been a serious issue .. we have to take care of it .. if a company can hack us for marketing then what all can an expert hacker do .. !!

Get hot offers& tricks for Indians..Hurry!!
www.IndianOffer.blogspot.com
Really a terrible news.So surfing is to be done more vigilantly. But if some tips were provided, would be more useful.

Visit my blogs:

http://abidareacode.blogspot.com
Thanks Atul

Your info was more helpful to me. Everyone be careful in this matter.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.