Ha! I entered into new world, Now I am in search of Jobs. Its going to be a better experience, never expected it will be a bitter experience.
I have attended an interview. First question raised by questioners, how many years do you have experience.I am a fresher sir, I replied. Then you can leave this place. Unexpected reply from them. I was pushed in distress by their speak-outs. I envisioned, why this so happened? but suddenly IT struck to my mind, for freshers, without giving jobs, how can they build up their their experience, every company needs experienced employees. Then, how new employees evolute?
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I am sure this has been a very traumatic and demotivating experience for you!

but had they made it clear in the advertisements that they wanted only experienced candidates?? Mostly nowadays, due to high rate of attrition in the industry especially IT and BPO sector, companies are losing great amounts of money and resources into training new candidates. The trend with the freshers is that they enter a company, learn the skills of the trade and leave within few months to greener pastures. Hence the recruiters now only are taking in experienced candidates.

Therefore it would be prudent to do a little bit of homework before you appear for any interview, check and make sure what are the criteria they are looking for. This way, you will better prepared and will know what to expect.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

The job requirements specify qualification as well as experience. So apply for posts that need freshers without experience. It may also be good idea to work with some small concern in the beginning on no salary or for small amount with the aim to get experience. You may also work initially as self employed person, if necessary, by teaming with other persons similarly placed. After gaining experience this way, you may apply for higher post.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Hi kalyan,

Good to see you in Boddunan.. :) :) It Is true that most of the initial interviews are like that in case of freshers..Either referral or proper experience is necessary in most of the jobs..I too faced this problem when i went to my first interview.. but i think you are luck to face the recruiter directly so that interaction can be easy done.
It will be difficult if they would have been more rounds and writter exams which are just for namesake in some companies,you will never know the intention of written exam...I previously face such situation..

As suggested by Gulshan i think self employment can give you some experience that can help you while applying for interview..Due to increase in competition recruiter want something unique in the candidates...Hope these information can be helpful for you for attending new interval..ALL the best
It's true that unless one is allowed to gain job experience it is not possible to be experienced but there are companies which engage people without experience.And what Gulshan has stated is absolutely correct and I am sure it would be of great help to you.
So,

We may have knowledge based on other experience and we can do use it with the possibility of uncertainties ?
Experience does play a role dude. The companies dont have to train people who are experienced.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.