I am sure you all would agree that it has been a bit dull on the forums with many of members currently being inactive.

Especially during the weekends, there was not much of activity.

I have created this thread to try and generate some ideas (with Atul's help) for some fun activity that we could do during the weekends. This will liven up the forums and increase participation on weekends!!

I request you all therefore to think of something that can be done on weekends and post them here!

Also a request to everyone, please post constructive and meaningful ideas!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Good initiative and thread kalyani,

Yes you are right, most of the active members before are not active now a days. New members are not that much constructive that keeps forums always down.

And weekends? everyone will be busy with weekends, those who work also. What do you mean by fun activity? contests and rewards are already there.
Brainstorming is a real great method to get lots of ideas..
Sajee, true that there are many contests going on, but they are daily or weekly in nature. what I am saying is some kind of activity that will only take place over weekends!

Start thinking of increasing participation on saturday and sunday!

Well said,

Good suggestion kalyani, instead of making new contests, the daily forum activator award cash credits can be doubled or increased on Sunday. So that many members will be participating actively on forums.
good idea kalyani and sajeetharan...........it would help the boddunan members to participate members actively specially on saturdays and sundays.........
There should be special reward for Sunday award winners. This will encourage members to visit the site on Sundays.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Special reward for what? to improve forum activity there is only one award. DFFA, as i said earlier the amount has to be doubled or some bonus points have to be awarded to increase participants. what do you say kalyani?
Sajeetharan, doubling the DFAA award money for weekends may work but does not guarantee proper and qualitative participation. We may experience more spamming like we see occasionally, but probably for the moderators and Maverick to decide.

Any other ideas other than this?? come on guys, put your brains to work!!

Yes you are right kalyani!

One other idea i have is we can have "creative thread of the weekend"
award. Those who come up with good creative thread can be rewarded with some points or cash. what do you say?
Yes, Sajee, I had that in mind too! But we need to be more specific! what kind of creativity are we talking about here?

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.