Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
gulshan kumar ajmani wrote:
[quote]

Even the monthly salary and pay scales declared are gross and are reduced after TDS. Similarly with TV show winnings.[/quote]

But it is like cheating by showing a huge amount.

Visit my blogs:

http://abidareacode.blogspot.com
I won't go as far as calling it 'cheating' but a line that winning sum is subject to Income Tax could have put it in the right perspective!
chinmoymukherjee wrote:
[quote]@Rajani

TDS is basically collection of tax on an advance basis and before the return of income is filed with tax authorities,you need to calculate how much tax you need to pay on your total income.And after adjustment of TDS if the balance is postive you pay the difference as further tax amount and if it is negative the Income Tax authorities pay you back the amount as refund![/quote]

Thanks for the explanation chinmoy..But i was asking that if the winner is not having any other source of income except Lottery amount(as asked if he doesnt have job)what is the process..I think based on salarly earned income tax is subjected.does this prize amount comes under it?

Hope my point is clear..
Right Ceeem.But it is like attracting the attention by offering a huge amount.

Visit my blogs:

http://abidareacode.blogspot.com
@Rajani

It has to be treated as income from other sources.Hope I am clear!Suppose his prize money is the only source of income and it will come under the category "Income from other sources".For example if TDS is collected at 40% and his liablity to pay Income tax for that year is 30%.He can claim refund of 10% of the amount already paid by way of TDS!
This should be must, means if one can get lots of money at instance then he should give amount to others also. or sometime they pay tax also.
OK so there is special category for such cases..Now i got clear picture...Thanks Chinmoy for giving more details and patiently answering my doubts. :)
I am happy that things now stand clarified before you!
Thank you for commenting on this post do keep giving your feed back to improvise.

Click the below link for news which you can use:NeWsYoUCaNUsE
there are some acts which are required to be paid before you take money won. these acts can be TDS which is always deducted from the total money won.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.