The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
If so, we shall request admin for a separate tab for locked threads, so that we can refer them easily. Also, poeple won't start similar topics soon as they are already available easily .

That will only make them more open as people would go to read those interesting threads first thing while they will log-in.

In a way its good then, they will learn all the do's and don'ts by going through such threads then!! :evil:

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

If so, we shall request admin for a separate tab for locked threads, so that we can refer them easily. Also, poeple won't start similar topics soon as they are already available easily .

That will only make them more open as people would go to read those interesting threads first thing while they will log-in.

Let Boddunan forums get more clicks :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: at least through those locked threads :woohoo: :woohoo:

Meera sandhu

Let Boddunan forums get more clicks :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: at least through those locked threads :woohoo: :woohoo:

Forums have no role as I can see ranks are going down constantly. Dipped down from 17k to 36k during beta stage.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Forums have no role as I can see ranks are going down constantly. Dipped down from 17k to 36k during beta stage.

Forums have no role?
Only articles???? :dry: :unsure:

I thought both play almost an equal role :evil:

Meera sandhu

Yes that would be a good option as due to the vast number of threads it becomes quite difficult to go through all the threads and check whether the thread has been discussed earlier or not.

Live in the present :)

Yes that would be a good option as due to the vast number of threads it becomes quite difficult to go through all the threads and check whether the thread has been discussed earlier or not.

Even that is not going to help your cause. You shall still have to search to find it out.

Even that is not going to help your cause. You shall still have to search to find it out.

But I would then see a filtered list at least.

Live in the present :)
I think that that there should be no arbitrariness in locking threads. As a rule, there should be no multiple threads. Also, when full discussion has been made on a thread, this should be locked. I think that maximum fifty posts should be allowed in a thread after that this should be locked preferably by system. As soon as a thread reached fifty posts, this must be locked automatically and not manually. The moderator role would be to see the desirability of thread, repetitions, relevancy and spam.

The locked thread should be marked on page with some special symbol indicating that this is locked.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

I think that that there should be no arbitrariness in locking threads. As a rule, there should be no multiple threads. Also, when full discussion has been made on a thread, this should be locked. I think that maximum fifty posts should be allowed in a thread after that this should be locked preferably by system. As soon as a thread reached fifty posts, this must be locked automatically and not manually. The moderator role would be to see the desirability of thread, repetitions, relevancy and spam.

The locked thread should be marked on page with some special symbol indicating that this is locked.

I agree with your 50 posts limit and there is already a symbol of lock on locked threads. Also automated system is okay but number of posts by a particular member should be the right choice. If a particular member has still some thing to say he can edit his post.

I agree with your 50 posts limit and there is already a symbol of lock on locked threads. Also automated system is okay but number of posts by a particular member should be the right choice. If a particular member has still some thing to say he can edit his post.

I agree. A member may not write more than two posts in a thread on same day.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.