The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I think that that there should be no arbitrariness in locking threads. As a rule, there should be no multiple threads. Also, when full discussion has been made on a thread, this should be locked. I think that maximum fifty posts should be allowed in a thread after that this should be locked preferably by system. As soon as a thread reached fifty posts, this must be locked automatically and not manually. The moderator role would be to see the desirability of thread, repetitions, relevancy and spam.

The locked thread should be marked on page with some special symbol indicating that this is locked.

I agree with your 50 posts limit and there is already a symbol of lock on locked threads. Also automated system is okay but number of posts by a particular member should be the right choice. If a particular member has still some thing to say he can edit his post.

I agree. A member may not write more than two posts in a thread on same day.

And not more than 5 in total on a particular thread. I don't think there is any thing left to say after that. This rule could be exempted from threads where topic needs daily updates like Alexa postings.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

I think that that there should be no arbitrariness in locking threads. As a rule, there should be no multiple threads. Also, when full discussion has been made on a thread, this should be locked. I think that maximum fifty posts should be allowed in a thread after that this should be locked preferably by system. As soon as a thread reached fifty posts, this must be locked automatically and not manually. The moderator role would be to see the desirability of thread, repetitions, relevancy and spam.

The locked thread should be marked on page with some special symbol indicating that this is locked.

I agree with your 50 posts limit and there is already a symbol of lock on locked threads. Also automated system is okay but number of posts by a particular member should be the right choice. If a particular member has still some thing to say he can edit his post.

And not more than 5 in total on a particular thread. I don't think there is any thing left to say after that. This rule could be exempted from threads where topic needs daily updates like Alexa postings.

Then we should have a new category 'updates'. This will have only one post in a day as there can be only one update and no comments possible on that.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Then we should have a new category 'updates'. This will have only one post in a day as there can be only one update and no comments possible on that.

But updates could be on different topics however no more than one post should be allowed on such threads per day.

There should also be a limit for smilieys , not more than 3 or 4 per post,it is most annoying to see the entire post with nothing but smileys..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

There should also be a limit for smilieys , not more than 3 or 4 per post,it is most annoying to see the entire post with nothing but smileys..

Thanks God I am not much in to that business, I seldom use emotions on any site.

Locked thread should be hidden to members.

Sharmistha Banerjee
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.