I am seeing Total user online big difference in number after login and logout at same time/

On logout
Total users online: 8 Members and 897 Guests Online

Deepanshu Agarwal, Mary, Maverick, Puneet Chhabra, Sanjeev Gupta, suni51, usha manohar

On login

Total users online: 6 Members and 1955 Guests Online

Asha , Sandhya Rani, Santosh Kumar Singh, Sharmistha Banerjee, suni51, usha manohar

Santosh Kumar Singh

http://experienceofknowledge.blogspot.com/

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Such differences also appear in Railway reservations. This is because even a few seconds matter when members/ visitors go online/ offline every second throughout the world. However, Admin should check this.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Now there is another difference, ofline you can see only activities you were last logged in i.e. a cached copy while after logging in you see the real time scenario.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Such differences also appear in Railway reservations. This is because even a few seconds matter when members/ visitors go online/ offline every second throughout the world. However, Admin should check this.

Sir, am noticing this problem for past 1 month or so.
Suppose am online now. It won't be shown now, but later...ie. after 1 or 2 hours. So, even if am offline after 1 hour, I will be seen online. But, if we check forum posts, my posts will show online.
i.e. There is a time lag in the actual login and display

Meera sandhu

Sir, am noticing this problem for past 1 month or so.
Suppose am online now. It won't be shown now, but later...ie. after 1 or 2 hours. So, even if am offline after 1 hour, I will be seen online. But, if we check forum posts, my posts will show online.
i.e. There is a time lag in the actual login and display

I also often noticed that even after logging in my name would not be shown immediately but appears after we post a reply in the forum. But I have never checked the status when I am offline.
And even if you see total number of users it is displayed 8594 and I think long way back we crossed 10K numbers. :blink:
And even if you see total number of users it is displayed 8594 and I think long way back we crossed 10K numbers. :blink:

I think the number indicates only the number of forum users. I mean there are many members who do not participate in the forum but only submit articles.
afterlogin.JPG (You do not have access to download this file.)
afterlogout.JPG (You do not have access to download this file.)
Guest users will always shown a cached copy where as logged in users will be shown real time copy. The cache time could be anywhere between 30 minutes to 1 hour.

When opportunity is in front of you, don't hesitate to catch it. It will never come to you again. - Maverick

Thank you said by: Devyani Sarkar
after login
{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 8800]}

after logout

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 8801]}

http://rebacca-vethathiri.blogspot.in/
Guest users will always shown a cached copy where as logged in users will be shown real time copy. The cache time could be anywhere between 30 minutes to 1 hour.

But this problem has occurred most recently only

Meera sandhu

But this problem has occurred most recently only
Its not the problem but expected one. And it was there since the last upgrade of the site. The step will take care of load on database (guests usually read a couple of articles and leave so the time amd real time data doesn't matter).

When opportunity is in front of you, don't hesitate to catch it. It will never come to you again. - Maverick

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.