The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
usha manohar wrote:
suni51 wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
suni51 wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
suni51 wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
suni51 wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
suni51 wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
suni51 wrote:

The contest has nothing to discuss about but post one's thoughts. The way the things are going on one can write 10 posts of 60 words in one day but here one has to write just 5 in 7 days. 

You probably have a brilliant mind and an abundant knowledge to write 10 posts of 60 words in a single day on the subject that is being discussed now.....I will not be able to do that !

Nothing like that but the choice is certainly yours!

You know exactly what I mean, no one can make 10 posts in a single day on the same subject without repeating themselves, if you think you can do it , you are either extremely knowledgeable or just hamming your way...

I know what you mean but the way you are writing in this thread repeatedly on same subject you will soon surpass 10 posts :) without repeating the words even once. :). 

Is this a contest too? I thought not....I am speaking only about contests whereas you seem to have misunderstood...

Exactly, when you can write so many posts in one day on same topic even when it's not a contest then what is the big issue trying for 5 in 7 days? However, one has choices to participate or not to participate. Last time there was no number of posts required but you did not participate. The reasons best known to you.

Again you are saying the same thing what I am writing here is not on a given subject where I need to focus and get my facts right and put into words which is not easy, at least for me...If I have to do it I will have to do it properly within my capacity ...

Let me make it clear without sounding repetitive that you can do it easily. 5 posts in 7 days is not a problem for a writer like you but I don't know what is stopping you from doing so. Last time your question was- do I have the permission of admin or senior moderators?

Why I asked that was because I wanted the admin to say yes- I remember having taken part in a similar contest years back and spending precious time writing many posts ...nothing happened after that, no promised incentive !

I did not want to reveal it but for that reason only I arranged the payout on first possible day (Monday) to clear the doubts. That was also for the first time in history of Boddunan.

That is good but but I know for a fact that earlier winners were paid for contests, it was only the last two that I took part in and was one of the winners  that never got any credits..

Usha we two joined this site almost together and I was also the one who took part in those contests and was never paid but let me tell you I am the one who never leaves thing half done or badly done even if I have to fight with highest authorities. That was the reason I did not start a contest until I was sure of making things in right way. And the result is for everyone to see. I have made the rules for this contest which keep me out of the contest otherwise I would have proved writing 5 different posts on today's scenario is not a difficult task. As for repetition, I request you to be the judge for this particular contest and let me know who are the four deserving candidates.

h

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

suni51 wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
suni51 wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
suni51 wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
suni51 wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
suni51 wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
suni51 wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
suni51 wrote:

The contest has nothing to discuss about but post one's thoughts. The way the things are going on one can write 10 posts of 60 words in one day but here one has to write just 5 in 7 days. 

You probably have a brilliant mind and an abundant knowledge to write 10 posts of 60 words in a single day on the subject that is being discussed now.....I will not be able to do that !

Nothing like that but the choice is certainly yours!

You know exactly what I mean, no one can make 10 posts in a single day on the same subject without repeating themselves, if you think you can do it , you are either extremely knowledgeable or just hamming your way...

I know what you mean but the way you are writing in this thread repeatedly on same subject you will soon surpass 10 posts :) without repeating the words even once. :). 

Is this a contest too? I thought not....I am speaking only about contests whereas you seem to have misunderstood...

Exactly, when you can write so many posts in one day on same topic even when it's not a contest then what is the big issue trying for 5 in 7 days? However, one has choices to participate or not to participate. Last time there was no number of posts required but you did not participate. The reasons best known to you.

Again you are saying the same thing what I am writing here is not on a given subject where I need to focus and get my facts right and put into words which is not easy, at least for me...If I have to do it I will have to do it properly within my capacity ...

Let me make it clear without sounding repetitive that you can do it easily. 5 posts in 7 days is not a problem for a writer like you but I don't know what is stopping you from doing so. Last time your question was- do I have the permission of admin or senior moderators?

Why I asked that was because I wanted the admin to say yes- I remember having taken part in a similar contest years back and spending precious time writing many posts ...nothing happened after that, no promised incentive !

I did not want to reveal it but for that reason only I arranged the payout on first possible day (Monday) to clear the doubts. That was also for the first time in history of Boddunan.

That is good but but I know for a fact that earlier winners were paid for contests, it was only the last two that I took part in and was one of the winners  that never got any credits..

Usha we two joined this site almost together and I was also the one who took part in those contests and was never paid but let me tell you I am the one who never leaves thing half done or badly done even if I have to fight with highest authorities. That was the reason I did not start a contest until I was sure of making things in right way. And the result is for everyone to see. I have made the rules for this contest which keep me out of the contest otherwise I would have proved writing 5 different posts on today's scenario is not a difficult task. As for repetition, I request you to be the judge for this particular contest and let me know who are the four deserving candidates.

h

I understand ! but I wouldn't want to judge ... I still feel that 2- 3 posts are enough to say all you can about the subject and it is because of the 5 post limit  which I cannot think of filling that I have not taken part ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

It does not appear fair to suggest changes in rules of contest. The rules are fair enough. It is possible to write one post daily touching a different aspect. For example, in the current contest, you may write first day on the way parliamentarians behave. The second day you may write on role played by voters highlighting their tendencies to vote on basis of personality cult, caste, religion or regional bias and its consequences on poluitical environment. The thrird day you may choose elevctoral reforms and voters' education. so on you may daily write one post. again, you may get hint from some other members' post. 

Incidentally, I have written just one post and will not participate in the contest as usual. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: suni51

I for one  had some difficulties in avoiding the repetition. Difficult but not impossible. If the same problem is faced by many members, I don;t think it's unfair to point out  to the concerned judge without QUESTIONING.

I am saying what I genuinely feel , not asking for a change of rule, I was asked by sunil why I had not taken part and I have explained why ?  and I guess as a member I have the right to make some suggestions without expecting it to be implemented !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

As a member you can suggest about the problems and bottle necks. This is what I said in my earlier post.

usha manohar wrote:

I am saying what I genuinely feel , not asking for a change of rule, I was asked by sunil why I had not taken part and I have explained why ?  and I guess as a member I have the right to make some suggestions without expecting it to be implemented !

Did I? But why should I ask, it's anybody's choice whether to participate  or not to participate. 

suni51 wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

Did I? But why should I ask, it's anybody's choice whether to participate  or not to participate. 

usha manohar wrote:
suni51 wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

Okay I thought you started the thread after I asked why you did not participate!

suni51 wrote:

And this discussion has come at a time when I was in hot pursuit of getting the shares back in Boddunan forums. I hinted about that in a forum post (Foods etc) to Rambabu where peanuts are mentioned. Sorry to say but this has almost killed my interest for perusing it any more.

In a forum a member has to have the right to put forward his her views, nothing to get heckled about ...Regarding interest share,, myself, other members and moderators have been writing and inquiring about this  since the time it stopped in September , and if Admin is willing to look into it, it will be really nice, will bring in more activity here.. 

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.