Recently, there is a Tsunami of questions on Forum discussion. Many questions are just Text Book questions. It cannot be intention to conver discussion to some sort of Notebook for school examination. Obviously, the questions are for merely gaining points.

It is also seen that answers to these questions often are wrong as these are without any research on the topic and based on mere rough guess.

I suggest that such questions be discouraged. There should be penalty for factually wrong answers. There is no reason why points be given for wrong answers. Facts are not a matter of opinion.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I completely agree! In the first place such questions are not relevant in a forum which is intended to discuss a particular topic with sharing of views of ideas and views on the part of participants.Secondly the number of such posts! I pointed that out in one of my posts earlier. Thanks Gulshan for floating a thread on this!
yeah some people over here need only points they don;t require the interest of others.
Some posts are all about general knowledge the answers for which can be easily found by googling!
I think posts should be such that brings some interest to answer.

Want to make each day Accountable

Only current topics can elicit the views and interest of members! After all we are not here to demonstrate our proficiency in general knowledge!
It is true that lot of question are been posted as discussions and from same users. there should be some negative points to control this problem. :huh:
When the purpose of a forum is clear to one,he or she would be clear too about the choice of topics!
Posts should be such that generates some useful information. That what our main priority is there ."INFORMATION CREATES WEALTH"

Want to make each day Accountable

Subjective and interesting discussions should be brought in this forum which would require the application of mental faculty and since we have cross section of multifaceted population with us, surely every one can get to the point solution to his/her queries.

Arise Awake and Rest Not till the Goal is Achieved.
I saw few more tsunamis in the past ;)

1. Game threads

2. Spam posts (attacked by spammers)

3. One word answers/posts

4. Now the Q & A.

Looks like these tsunamis following the way the tsunamis hit the world ;) .

Anyway, any other suggestions from the members to avoid these tsunamis (at least we cannot stop natural tsunamis)? One final and I think most unfavorable solution is remove points for forum posts.

When opportunity is in front of you, don't hesitate to catch it. It will never come to you again. - Maverick

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.