Though I do like Boddunan's current system of revenue sharing, I would like to suggest incorporation of the "pay per view" system. That way users get paid part of the revenue that their articles earn. This will encourage members to write quality articles as well as promote them online, due to which revenues will increase.
In the current system, only regular 'point earners' have a share in the revenue, while a good writer, who writes quality articles and whose articles earn a lot of views (& therefore, revenue) but doesn't spend sufficient time 'earning points' is not rewarded at all.
Maybe Bodunnan can do it on a trial basis and see how it works. Maybe, articles would have to go through a Quality test before they are eligible to earn revenue this way. Eg. articles which have earned 50 points or more when published.
Alternatively, maybe articles could be given "points per view" and users should not be able to endlessly click their own articles of course!!! :)

Any more suggestions/opinions on this fellow boddunanians?

https://www.mummepreneur.com/
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I like your suggession but its feasible for boddunan or not it will decide by boddunan team. I think in future it may possible because i already say boddunan will small google system for Indians. Jai ho.

Santosh Kumar Singh

http://experienceofknowledge.blogspot.com/

This is a good suggestion you have given,but this will be decided by boddunan authorities.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in
This suggestion is good not only for articles but also forum posts. The technical viability can be checked by Boddunan administration.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

kimberly,

First of all there is always a chance to misuse any feature, that is the reason why we do not introduce any features in hurry.

This feature can be very well misused if we allow points for all visits. However the same can be minimized if we allow points only for registered user visits.

Let me know your views.

When opportunity is in front of you, don't hesitate to catch it. It will never come to you again. - Maverick

All views of visitors registered or not are relevant and should be allowed. Only visit by author of an articles should be disallowed. Multiple views from same computer could also be disallowed. This is a matter of technical feasibility. If technically okay, this can be implemented.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

I agree with gulshanji and hope this suggestion should be implemented as soon as possible.

Want to make each day Accountable

Kimberley this is a very good suggestion but will have to be tested for viability, like Maverick pointed out, to be made fool proof against misuse.

But implementing technical controls like allowing one PC/IP address to award points only once for an article will help contain such misuses. One may read an article multiple times but the points will be awarded only once! If this can be done, then irrespective of registered user or a visiting guest, the data will be quite accurate! I hope this can be worked out, will really benefit everyone.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

yes good suggestion . here are so many articles which get huge views of users . there should be some part for those good writers.,
I agree with Maverick what He has suggested about the viability.

If an article gets 500 views then it is better to give some amount,say 100 Rs and if article gets 1000 views then the author gets 200 Rs and so on

Swetha Shenoy
As long as Boddunan uses Google adsense to monetize I don't think it is possible. Adsense ad api automatically decides ads for our content and it is a mix of clicks and impressions.

I mean if it is click ad, unless a visitor clicks on the ad Maverick won't be getting paid even if thousand visitor visit that particular article and see the ad.

But I really like Kimberly's suggestion and I think it is time that Maverick should look for different advertisers to monetize this site. If he can get some direct advertisers that would be great.

I prefer direct advertisers more as they pay high and they run campaigns which run atleast a year or more. I have 2 sites monetized by direct advertiser and the pay is atleast 5x times better than what adsense would have earned me.

And Maverick, if you need any help in finding direct advertisers, shoot me a PM and I can hopefully provide you with some pointers to start with.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.