Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
@Sunil, that's true! Whenever I start something, my expectations are quite different from the answers that I get except from just one or two people!! :(

And it happens with every one if i start a discussion i expect specific answers which match my expectation and to get responses matching to me frequency are few.But then all those responses which don't match are more important ones to keep that thread alive. :) And these responses are expected in Brain storming. :)
I like the idea but as others suggested would be hard too implemet and also it would be lost in the midst of heaps of new topics created everyday.

Alternatively, we can just list down our area of specialization in this thread and then Kalyani or Maverick can make a sticky closed to reply forum post about it. Then when you have any specific problem you want an answer to, create a forum thread about and PM the concern expert in the field and request him/her to participate if he has the time.

That way all can be benefited and also there would be less spam.

Just my 2 cents.
Thank you said by: Rajani K
Alternatively, we can just list down our area of specialization in this thread and then Kalyani or Maverick can make a sticky closed to reply forum post about it. Then when you have any specific problem you want an answer to, create a forum thread about and PM the concern expert in the field and request him/her to participate if he has the time.

That way all can be benefited and also there would be less spam.

Just my 2 cents.[/quote]

Even if we can stick to the basic topic, that would solve the purpose. Deviating too much or going zigzag makes things entirely different. That should not be much difficult, I guess.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

@Rayansh - Care to elaborate. I could not get what you find wrong with it. I guess you are not getting Rajani's question. She is not looking for discussions, she is looking for experts advice and all she wants is a list of people of Boddunan who specialize in certain areas, so she can directly approach them (If they are willing of course and everyone at Boddunan is helpful) and get her query answered.

For example, Chinmoy has a vast knowledge about topics like economy and corporate affairs. So if I had some specific query related to that, I would prefer his advice rather than someone who has no knowledge on it.

If I need some tax advice, I may turn to Gulshanji. If I want to know how a community is managed and what are the problems faced I would turn to Kalyani.

Remember, I am not looking for discussions on this, I am looking for experts answer.
Arun came after a long gap.come on and share your knowledge as you are also experienced.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in
@Rayansh - Care to elaborate. I could not get what you find wrong with it. I guess you are not getting Rajani's question. She is not looking for discussions, she is looking for experts advice and all she wants is a list of people of Boddunan who specialize in certain areas, so she can directly approach them (If they are willing of course and everyone at Boddunan is helpful) and get her query answered.

For example, Chinmoy has a vast knowledge about topics like economy and corporate affairs. So if I had some specific query related to that, I would prefer his advice rather than someone who has no knowledge on it.

If I need some tax advice, I may turn to Gulshanji. If I want to know how a community is managed and what are the problems faced I would turn to Kalyani.

Remember, I am not looking for discussions on this, I am looking for experts answer.

Yes Arun, I guess you are right, Maybe I missed the point here. Okay in that case someone needs an advise on a particular topic must reach to that particular member. But do you think that would be practical? Would some one go for an entire thread for a single solution? I think a PM would do the trick. What do you think?

Rayansh that's what occurred to me at first thought that I should just PM the concerned person and get my problem solved but then I thought what if many people have the same query. So creating a thread about the problem and requesting the expert to answer there would be more helpful. Plus the expert gets recognition as well.

And if you are worried about spamming the solution would be to lock such threads once the answer has been made. So people can view the answer but can't comment on it to gain points.

Anyways, as I said earlier it would be kind of hard to implement and manage. But it is a nice thought.
Thank you said by: Rajani K
And if you are worried about spamming the solution would be to lock such threads once the answer has been made. So people can view the answer but can't comment on it to gain points.

Anyways, as I said earlier it would be kind of hard to implement and manage. But it is a nice thought.[/quote]

Call me Sunil, that is my real name. Rayansh is my grandson, my daughter's son, whom you can see as my avatar while he was three months old, now 11 months.
Yes I agree that if a common problem related to some thing that needs an expert advise and also may benefit others as well would be a nice idea. I do agree with you. Thanks for the solution of getting it locked as soon as the matter is solved. Cheers.

I think Chinmoy is expert on taxation also. Personally, I am no expert. However, I take care to answer any question after thorough home work and study of the issue involved. This also some times needs Goggling.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

I think Chinmoy is expert on taxation also. Personally, I am no expert. However, I take care to answer any question after thorough home work and study of the issue involved. This also some times needs Goggling.

GulashanG- I have seen your profile and details at LinkedIn and other sites. I know you are an expert in taxation and even practice them through online consultancy. I even have your details of you home town including your office and phones, courtesy LinkedIn.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.