The topic is locked.
Last week of March I gained 5000 posts and +19 karmas. Day before yesterday, I completed 7000 posts and yesterday I could see my Karma increased by 1. Actually I was waiting for a long time to see my karma at +20 and I was very happy. Evening also, it was staying there. But today morning I saw it changed back to 19 and I can't remember even a single post in the afternoon that can bring me negative karma. Karma is done according to rules, it's true. But why can't it be reported to moderator before we change one's Karma. By this way, a record log can be kept in the site, even though not shared. By this way, many such issues regarding karma can be avoided. What do you think?

Meera sandhu
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
'karma' is just discretionary power of members. I am also stuck with 74 Karma for many months. Your karma may be increased or decreased even if you do not write any new posts. Members may give plus or minus karma even on the posts made months ago.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Sandhya, you may have possibly upset someone with your remarks or someone may not have liked your post about something. That is entirely a matter of liking or not liking something you wrote, and exactly like Gulshan has said, it is totally upto the discretion of members. So there is no question of reporting to moderators, if that facility be implemented there will be ugly consequences, so best left alone.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Sandhya, you may have possibly upset someone with your remarks or someone may not have liked your post about something. That is entirely a matter of liking or not liking something you wrote, and exactly like Gulshan has said, it is totally upto the discretion of members. So there is no question of reporting to moderators, if that facility be implemented there will be ugly consequences, so best left alone.

If we want to lock a thread, we should report it with a reason. Same way, if we just give a reason while giving Karma, it will be fair and justice to the member. He is not going to know it. Such logs should never be public. But it will surely make us think twice while giving negative karma to a person. If he has a reason to say, he never need to fear even if he gives negative karma to a person. Even I too. If not, he will hesitate.

Meera sandhu

If we want to lock a thread, we should report it with a reason. Same way, if we just give a reason while giving Karma, it will be fair and justice to the member. He is not going to know it. Such logs should never be public. But it will surely make us think twice while giving negative karma to a person. If he has a reason to say, he never need to fear even if he gives negative karma to a person. Even I too. If not, he will hesitate.

I think 'thank you' suffices. 'karma' could be abolished. 'Thank you' may be changed to 'I Like/ dislike'.

'karma' is just discretionary power of members. I am also stuck with 74 Karma for many months. Your karma may be increased or decreased even if you do not write any new posts. Members may give plus or minus karma even on the posts made months ago.

Don't worry Sir. I have increased it by 1 :P
Actually I am giving you first time.
When I see a new user with zero points I am very generous. I have opened the karma account of many users....today also :cheer:

Meera sandhu
[quote]gulshan kumar ajmani wrote:

Don't worry Sir. I have increased it by 1
When I see a new user with zero points I am very generous. I have opened the karma account of many users....today also
[/quote]

See, this is where you are wrong!! Sandhya, Karma has to be earned and being generous so that the user does not remain a zero in Karma is totally senseless, A karma should be given because the user has posted something really valuable and sensible thing. Just because you are generous and therefore you give Karma is something that I am unable comprehend. Like money, it too has to be earned.
smiley-face-yawn_2012-05-05.gif (You do not have access to download this file.)

[quote]Sandhya Rani wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

I think 'thank you' suffices. 'karma' could be abolished. 'Thank you' may be changed to 'I Like/ dislike'. [/quote]

That could also work possibly!!

Don't worry Sir. I have increased it by 1 :P
When I see a new user with zero points I am very generous. I have opened the karma account of many users....today also :cheer:

Is this reciprocal? I also added your karma.

Thank you said by: Sandhya Rani

I think 'thank you' suffices. 'karma' could be abolished. 'Thank you' may be changed to 'I Like/ dislike'.

It is also a nice suggestion. But thank you need not be abolished. A thank you button can reduce many spam posts. If I like someone's posts, I used to give them "Thank you"

Meera sandhu
[quote]gulshan kumar ajmani wrote:

Don't worry Sir. I have increased it by 1
When I see a new user with zero points I am very generous. I have opened the karma account of many users....today also

See, this is where you are wrong!! Sandhya, Karma has to be earned and being generous so that the user does not remain a zero in Karma is totally senseless, A karma should be given because the user has posted something really valuable and sensible thing. Just because you are generous and therefore you give Karma is something that I am unable comprehend. Like money, it too has to be earned.[/quote]

Actually I am noticing this Karma from 10-15 days only. That's why many of Gulshanji's and Chinmayjee's posts didn't get it. Ceemji also, I have given only 2 times.
I have done 7000 posts here, but able to gain only 20 karmas. that means i am not popular yet :huh: :(

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 7090]}

Meera sandhu
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.