The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Sandhya, I also once kept my idea in forums about karma that if people get positive karma then they should give some points for that. but no one supported

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

[quote]Actually I am noticing this Karma from 10-15 days only. That's why many of Gulshanji's and Chinmayjee's posts didn't get it. Ceemji also, I have given only 2 times.
I have done 7000 posts here, but able to gain only 20 karmas. that means i am not popular yet

smiley-face-yawn_2012-05-05.gif[/quote]

LIke I said previously too, it is only indicative and not the actual measure of popularity! Or probably you need to work harder to endear yourself to others!!! :P :P :P :laugh:

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

[quote]Sandhya, I also once kept my idea in forums about karma that if people get positive karma then they should give some points for that. but no one supported [/quote]

Sarala, if points were given for karma then even the spammers would start getting many positive karms! :woohoo: People would first increase their karmas and then press report button!! :S

[quote]Sandhya, I also once kept my idea in forums about karma that if people get positive karma then they should give some points for that. but no one supported

Sarala, if points were given for karma then even the spammers would start getting many positive karms! :woohoo: People would first increase their karmas and then press report button!! :S[/quote]

Yes of course. The system will be misused.

What about my suggestion?
Why can't it be reported before changing Karma? If we are reducing one's karma for a reason, we need not fear. We can say, I don't like his particular post. So I am reducing his karma :evil:

Meera sandhu
Karma is nothing I think It should be increased or decreased according to posting.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in
Sandhya, you may have possibly upset someone with your remarks or someone may not have liked your post about something. That is entirely a matter of liking or not liking something you wrote, and exactly like Gulshan has said, it is totally upto the discretion of members. So there is no question of reporting to moderators, if that facility be implemented there will be ugly consequences, so best left alone.

If we want to lock a thread, we should report it with a reason. Same way, if we just give a reason while giving Karma, it will be fair and justice to the member. He is not going to know it. Such logs should never be public. But it will surely make us think twice while giving negative karma to a person. If he has a reason to say, he never need to fear even if he gives negative karma to a person. Even I too. If not, he will hesitate.

I think 'thank you' suffices. 'karma' could be abolished. 'Thank you' may be changed to 'I Like/ dislike'.

It is also a nice suggestion. But thank you need not be abolished. A thank you button can reduce many spam posts. If I like someone's posts, I used to give them "Thank you"

I never said that 'Thank you' be abolished. I suggested that 'karma' be abolished. I also said that 'Thank you' be changed to 'Like/ Dislike' so that 'Like' as well as 'dislike' could be expressed for a post.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

[quote]Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
Sandhya, I also once kept my idea in forums about karma that if people get positive karma then they should give some points for that. but no one supported

Sarala, if points were given for karma then even the spammers would start getting many positive karms! People would first increase their karmas and then press report button!!

Yes of course. The system will be misused.

Why can't it be reported before changing Karma? If we are reducing one's karma for a reason, we need not fear. We can say, I don't like his particular post. So I am reducing his karma
[/quote]

Sandhya, it would have worked had the moderators for forum been totally alienated from the users. That way, there would be no possibility of such reports ever being made public. But the fact that all moderators are selected from among us, there is every possibility that a moderator might misuse such information at one point or other.

eg, I would come to know that a person XYZ has reduced your karma and the reason for doing it. Now I am friends with you and at some point in future, that XYZ has managed to upset me in some manner. then If I decide to take advantage of the karma issue and decide to tell you that via PM or mail and set off a fight between you. Childish it may seem, but it is human nature and will definitely happen occasionally. This is the reason I am against it.

Sandhya, you may have possibly upset someone with your remarks or someone may not have liked your post about something. That is entirely a matter of liking or not liking something you wrote, and exactly like Gulshan has said, it is totally upto the discretion of members. So there is no question of reporting to moderators, if that facility be implemented there will be ugly consequences, so best left alone.

If we want to lock a thread, we should report it with a reason. Same way, if we just give a reason while giving Karma, it will be fair and justice to the member. He is not going to know it. Such logs should never be public. But it will surely make us think twice while giving negative karma to a person. If he has a reason to say, he never need to fear even if he gives negative karma to a person. Even I too. If not, he will hesitate.

I think 'thank you' suffices. 'karma' could be abolished. 'Thank you' may be changed to 'I Like/ dislike'.

It is also a nice suggestion. But thank you need not be abolished. A thank you button can reduce many spam posts. If I like someone's posts, I used to give them "Thank you"

I never said that 'Thank you' be abolished. I suggested that 'karma' be abolished. I also said that 'Thank you' be changed to 'Like/ Dislike' so that 'Like' as well as 'dislike' could be expressed for a post.

Yes..it's a nice suggestion if a like/dislike button is introduced. By this way, many spam replies can be avoided. Isn't it? Forum will be more clean :woohoo:

Meera sandhu
[quote]Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

Why can't it be reported before changing Karma? If we are reducing one's karma for a reason, we need not fear. We can say, I don't like his particular post. So I am reducing his karma

Sandhya, it would have worked had the moderators for forum been totally alienated from the users. That way, there would be no possibility of such reports ever being made public. But the fact that all moderators are selected from among us, there is every possibility that a moderator might misuse such information at one point or other.

eg, I would come to know that a person XYZ has reduced your karma and the reason for doing it. Now I am friends with you and at some point in future, that XYZ has managed to upset me in some manner. then If I decide to take advantage of the karma issue and decide to tell you that via PM or mail and set off a fight between you. Childish it may seem, but it is human nature and will definitely happen occasionally. This is the reason I am against it.[/quote]

Then what about reporting it to administrator, just provide a separate tab as part of the karma. He very rarely mingles with us through forum. That record should be kept as secret and be away from access of moderators too. :)

Meera sandhu
Sandhya, that would cost money, and again, what would be point of all that!! some things should be best left to users' discretion, that's all!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.