How about 1+5 points for writing a quality comment of a certain length say 30-40 words to motivate members to view articles and write their comments. That would make another category for active members to gain points.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Earlier there used to be points for the same and it was misused by some smart members.It may be revived.
I have also put forward this suggestion before. :(
But what senior persons and admin thinking is also right. Seeing some comments posted in some articles, I feel angry. To gain points, posting something......it is like insulting the author who prepared it with great hard work.

Meera sandhu
Nice suggestion but can't say even if this will be implemented or not. :)
Thanks every one for supporting but if management of the site is keen to improve its ranking and articles getting more views, this should be taken as a serious suggestion. Good for both site and members as well.

Thanks every one for supporting but if management of the site is keen to improve its ranking and articles getting more views, this should be taken as a serious suggestion. Good for both site and members as well.

Suny but then number of views wii reduce if there is a compulsion of writing comments on the articles. :)

Only thing which i see is that way authors will surely get motivated at least i will be as sometimes i open up my old articles just to see if there is any one who has commented on them. :laugh:
I never said that the present system should be abolished. That is 1+5 means if some one views 1 point and writes a comment also +5=6. I have 39 approved articles so far with not more than 4-5 comments. Although I am not sure s I have not checked recently.

Suny but then number of views wii reduce if there is a compulsion of writing comments on the articles. :)

Only thing which i see is that way authors will surely get motivated at least i will be as sometimes i open up my old articles just to see if there is any one who has commented on them. :laugh:

That's true. we as a writer gets motivated when anyone comments on the article we wrote. But it is also true that if point system is there then most of the people would simply comments like 'nice article,' very' informative' etc. I doubt how many of the people actually gave their comments after reading the article.Just open up any old article and go through the comments. often I come across some comments not related to the content at all.I think many people had misused this system. As Sandhya said, It would an insult to the writers.
Thank you said by: Sandhya Rani
My articles bear some comments which are so awful - loads of rubbish!

That's true. we as a writer gets motivated when anyone comments on the article we wrote. But it is also true that if point system is there then most of the people would simply comments like 'nice article,' very' informative' etc. I doubt how many of the people actually gave their comments after reading the article.Just open up any old article and go through the comments. often I come across some comments not related to the content at all.I think many people had misused this system. As Sandhya said, It would an insult to the writers.

Yes of course!!
But if a moderator is employed to check such spam posts, then it's sure, it can be implemented. Otherwise, it will lead to misuse only.
Some days before, I saw an article of Abid about silent valley/western ghats. I saw one comment, which can never be related in any way with the article. I saw its reply also. But Abid has not received its reply yet.
Let me check if I can get that article :)

Meera sandhu
My articles bear some comments which are so awful - loads of rubbish!

Yes, we need a full time moderator or better still if this is an automated software taking care of word count etc. That would save site admin to see that no short comments get points for points only. Like they can not post them unless the words are within stipulated limit.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.