Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Just check this article
http://www.boddunan.com/component/content/article/70-nature/8875-silent-valley-twenty-five-years-of-non-silence.html

and go through, Kamaruzzaman's post of tab 2.

Why do users post such comments????

Meera sandhu
My articles bear some comments which are so awful - loads of rubbish!

Yes, we need a full time moderator or better still if this is an automated software taking care of word count etc. That would save site admin to see that no short comments get points for points only. Like they can not post them unless the words are within stipulated limit.

I have read here on Boddunan that our post must be of 40~50 words to get points but i seldom see some one writing 50 words. :)

Hope so they also put check on the forum section too to make it more good qualitywise. :)

Those who make awful comments don't know how much hard work author has done to write it. :evil:
My articles bear some comments which are so awful - loads of rubbish!

I have seen it, but can't find which ones.
Now also, I am suggesting points to be given for reading articles, only if written comments. But some other method should be used to catch spammers :) . Let me think.

Meera sandhu
I don't think the quality of the post can be improved by the word counts. I mean people can always find a way to misuse it.
For instance adding unnecessary words to cross the limit.The user can always claim that he or she is not good in expressing in few words.what can anyone do about it? After all English language is not our mother tongue.
Also, I don't know how many of you have noticed it, but in the comment section of one article, I came across the advertisements of some products.And I believe it was more than 50 words. so, should points be awarded for such comments?

So, word counts and quality of the comments are not related in anyway.
Sunil once upon a time it is present due to spamming it was removed. :( :(

Earn money just for joining in this site.

http://www.money-friends.net/users/profile/en/155119.html

Articles are important. I feel that points for comments are justified. I also suggest that there should be cash reward and points for quality review of articles.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Articles are important. I feel that points for comments are justified. I also suggest that there should be cash reward and points for quality review of articles.

Many suggestions are already there in pipeline. They can be made true only if a full time moderator is made available for the site. It may be a little bit expensive, but if we see future of Boddunan, it can give back many things in return. With the present condition, not at all possible

Meera sandhu
Sunil once upon a time it is present due to spamming it was removed. :( :(

Yes. Then who should we blame....users or the management??????
If we are able to make use of availabilities in a better way, it would never have been abandoned. Same is the case of the appreciation given to forum initiators :angry:
I think it must be removed before an year or so.

Meera sandhu
Yes,commenting on articles,could be spamming and it was nice decision,that point should not be given.

Want to make each day Accountable

I don't think the quality of the post can be improved by the word counts. I mean people can always find a way to misuse it.
For instance adding unnecessary words to cross the limit.The user can always claim that he or she is not good in expressing in few words.what can anyone do about it? After all English language is not our mother tongue.
Also, I don't know how many of you have noticed it, but in the comment section of one article, I came across the advertisements of some products.And I believe it was more than 50 words. so, should points be awarded for such comments?

So, word counts and quality of the comments are not related in anyway.

That's the reason i understand the importance of the button" report to moderator" one should have reported that comment to the moderator but i am not sure if there is such an option in article section if not then it should be done. :)
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.