Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I appreciate the suggestion. But we need not have too many features for same purpose. So, if Like/ Dislike option is accepted, karma and Thank you can be removed. The thank you already earned may be converted to Like option. The Karma points also could be added to Like/ Dislike. Thus, let us have only one feature- Like/ Dislike.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

I would like to see a like/dislike button under the posts as there are are many postings, which have no meaning but totally spam.

And then these "disliked" postings should be verified by moderators/admin so that these may be deleted if found meaningless. :blink:

Members can also take advantage of such a feature since what is liked by some may not be liked by others .One can always discuss the post openly since this is after all a discussion site where we can freely discuss all matters pertaining to a discussion topic as well as our feelings about a certain post..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I think this option of like/dislike is already their in the form of karma..'-' for dislike and '+' for like...
I think this option of like/dislike is already their in the form of karma..'-' for dislike and '+' for like...

But maximum...we can use 4 daily. Isn't it?

Also, should we use negative karma :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: ?

Meera sandhu

Even though karma option is there, it doesn't tell why that particular members is getting it! I mean for which post is the member getting or losing the karma. But by having the like/ dislike button, everyone get to know whether a specific post is being appreciate or not. So even I feel that having like/dislike option instead of Karma will be more effective in increasing the quality of forum

Even though karma option is there, it doesn't tell why that particular members is getting it! I mean for which post is the member getting or losing the karma. But by having the like/ dislike button, everyone get to know whether a specific post is being appreciate or not. So even I feel that having like/dislike option instead of Karma will be more effective in increasing the quality of forum

It's sure, we can give only 3-4 karma daily. So, why can't we use it for the best of the best.
Also, if a person gets a particular number of likes, his karma can be automatically incrimented....same way decrimented also. But this option may be misused :huh: . But karma can be given only 3 or 4.

Meera sandhu
I don't think Karma has any thing to do with quality of posts. This is personal choice of member(s) to give it to any one or take from any one but like/dislike should be like Facebook where the name of the member is displayed. That would avoid gaming the system.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

I don't think Karma has any thing to do with quality of posts. This is personal choice of member(s) to give it to any one or take from any one but like/dislike should be like Facebook where the name of the member is displayed. That would avoid gaming the system.

Here karma is mostly being used to indicate friendships and revenges etc. Therefore a like/dislike option would be useful too, like Jabeen has suggested although Thank yous are clearly indicated, karmas are not, on which post etc. So like/dislike option will be more useful.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

I would prefer the like/dislike with transparent method, with members name written over it. That would make it beyond any partiality. That is the reason i want Karma to be scraped or name should appear on it like it appears on thankus.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

I would prefer the like/dislike with transparent method, with members name written over it. That would make it beyond any partiality. That is the reason i want Karma to be scraped or name should appear on it like it appears on thankus.

Transparency in this case will lead to fights here :blink: .may be that is one of the reason why we can't see who gave us -ve karma. :blink:
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.