The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

@Babu Saroj, If i really did an introspection myself, then I would have to reject all your articles because they are so substandard and contain so many errors that for one small article of yours which should not take more than 5 minutes, I have to spend more than 10 minutes, half the time spent on trying to just understand what you write. If you wish, do take an opinion poll with respect to quality of your articles and see where you stand, before accusing editors of wasting your hard work.

Let me tell you that the article which you are talking about took me 1 hour to write , that's why i am begging to admin to make atleast rs. 15. Yeah i am a slow typer

bhuyali saroj

I am surprised at this topic. I wonder how anyone can demand an extra payment. In case one feels remuneration is not enough, why not try some other sites and see that firstly whether your article is accepted.

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
Shampa Sadhya wrote:
Gulshan Kumar Ajmani wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:

Possibly the articles receiving Rs. 5/ or 8/- must be such as are not worth publishing but the admin is just giving some consolation. I feel that minimum amount should be Rs. 50/-  Any article deserving lesser amount should be considered sub standard and not approved. 

If any article does not qualify to get Rs. 50/- should be considered as substandard cannot be a right judgement. To qualify for the minimum amount the site should lay down some fixed criteria such as word limit, error free article or minimum mistakes, must have headings and subheadings and so on. Without some fixed conditions the writers cannot understand the requirement of the site. 

There is minimum 300 words requirement for article. The guidelines for writing articles are given in the site itself. It should be appreciated that an article is not like mathematics and so it is not possible to give rigid criterion. Apart from words limit, an article should be grammatically correct, not copied, properly formatted  and presentable. An article need not be merely informative as all information is available on web sites. an author should give his own original thoughts and opinion with reasons, divide article in paragraphs and give sub headings to these. It will be best to read the articles first to get an idea about model articles.

Thanks for the details and the given criteria are well known but suppose you reject an article and consider it as substandard then I feel it would be of great help if you convey the reasons in a well defined manner. I know it will be an extra pressure on the editors still it's a humble request because it will help the writers to assess their write-up in a much better way. Even if you are giving a minimum amount then also the reason should be mentioned or else we writers will never try to assess our fault and accuse the editors.

While rejecting, I give reasons and also suggestion to improve the article and resubmit. When I feel that article has good content but with bad grammar and mistakes, I even attempt to make correction though this is very time consuming. Normally editors cannot be expected to take so much pains. They do not get such remuneration as would compensate the efforts in making too many corrections. If the article contains mistakes in every line, editors would normally reject and you can't blame them for this.

Personally, I don't want to accept an article with glaring mistakes and spelling errors even for small cash like Rs. five or ten. A badly written article must be rejected rather than approved with small amount like Rs. 5/.  

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

MG Singh wrote:

I am surprised at this topic. I wonder how anyone can demand an extra payment. In case one feels remuneration is not enough, why not try some other sites and see that firstly whether your article is accepted.

Well i am surprised if you don't want to comment in this topic then why you are commenting

bhuyali saroj

Extra payment is not being demanded but adequate payment is being demanded. Now who will define what is adequate?

Shampa Sadhya wrote:

Possibly the articles receiving Rs. 5/ or 8/- must be such as are not worth publishing but the admin is just giving some consolation. I feel that minimum amount should be Rs. 50/-  Any article deserving lesser amount should be considered sub standard and not approved. 

If any article does not qualify to get Rs. 50/- should be considered as substandard cannot be a right judgement. To qualify for the minimum amount the site should lay down some fixed criteria such as word limit, error free article or minimum mistakes, must have headings and subheadings and so on. Without some fixed conditions the writers cannot understand the requirement of the site. 

I am agree with you, rejection of article is not fair for members. Site for minimum amount rules of writing articles can be amended.

vijay wrote:

Extra payment is not being demanded but adequate payment is being demanded. Now who will define what is adequate?

The money for articles is decided at two stages. editor recommends but finally decided by admin/ chief editor.  The amount depends on number of words, quality of article, key words etc. I feel using more popular key word gives more cash. Visitors search using key words. If an article contains more popular key words, more visitors are likely to reach the page. To elucidate,  your article contains the key word- shoe, thief, burglary. Somebody searching these words will reach the article and read advertisement thereat.

Obviously, it is not possible to decide with mathematical precision what an article is worth for. This has to be at discretion of admin/editor.  

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Shampa Sadhya wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:

There is minimum 300 words requirement for article. The guidelines for writing articles are given in the site itself. It should be appreciated that an article is not like mathematics and so it is not possible to give rigid criterion. Apart from words limit, an article should be grammatically correct, not copied, properly formatted  and presentable. An article need not be merely informative as all information is available on web sites. an author should give his own original thoughts and opinion with reasons, divide article in paragraphs and give sub headings to these. It will be best to read the articles first to get an idea about model articles.

Thanks for the details and the given criteria are well known but suppose you reject an article and consider it as substandard then I feel it would be of great help if you convey the reasons in a well defined manner. I know it will be an extra pressure on the editors still it's a humble request because it will help the writers to assess their write-up in a much better way. Even if you are giving a minimum amount then also the reason should be mentioned or else we writers will never try to assess our fault and accuse the editors.

While rejecting, I give reasons and also suggestion to improve the article and resubmit. When I feel that article has good content but with bad grammar and mistakes, I even attempt to make correction though this is very time consuming. Normally editors cannot be expected to take so much pains. They do not get such remuneration as would compensate the efforts in making too many corrections. If the article contains mistakes in every line, editors would normally reject and you can't blame them for this.

Personally, I don't want to accept an article with glaring mistakes and spelling errors even for small cash like Rs. five or ten. A badly written article must be rejected rather than approved with small amount like Rs. 5/.

There is no reason to blame the editors. Writing an article and submission of it is just like an examination. If it's good then one will be well paid and if it's poor in quality then it should be rejected. There can be no second choice. When we send an article to the print media then we have no say just like that we should not have any say on the decisions made by the editors. I was talking about suggestion only because it will point out the mistakes which will be of great help but certainly if there are numerous errors in an article then it should be rejected because making correction is possible only if there are a few careless mistakes.

shampasaid

It is my feeling that the more quantity of words written gets more money. That should not be a main criterion however.

vijay wrote:

The one that owns this site and allots cash for an articles will decide and define what is adequate 

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.