Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

If the forum post  is original, with the member's own opinion, a post fetches 5 points. If its otherwise, points are deducted. This system is already present in the site. Regarding voting system, you can bring it to the notice of the Administrator. But, I feel the present system is OK.

Present system is ok but system demands change to contribute more on forum and other section. Same thing will feel bore to members in future. 

Santosh Kumar Singh

http://experienceofknowledge.blogspot.com/

Of course any positive change is always welcome , and if it makes the forum posts more interesting and more 'Knowledgeable' all the more better . As of now there is absolutely no moderation done , am not sure what the reason is and there are hardly any rules in place except the ones that are directly related to points..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Re introducing especially Revenue sharing and other money making features is more than enough. I remember, how there was a spirit of competitiveness  all over the site conspicuously visible in those days. Discussion forums used to be real platform for exchange of views.

I write on a fair amount of sites and this is not anywhere, and that includes some top writing sites in the world. Quality is confined to posts and articles. It will not work to have such a system on discussions. Sometimes even a one line reply can have a lot of meaning. remember Mark twain who said " damn well would have written a shorter post but didn't have time" Also look at the writings of  O Henry. 

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

I am not in its favor. it is not necessary that all reply needs 100 or more words. Here all members are not English scholars. We always try to write in manner that reader understand what we want to say. I suggest earlier that comments should be make compulsory to earn point from viewing article. It is not enough to open article page, one must be read it and write some words.

The whole idea of discussion site is to exchange knowledge and information by the members in their own  capacity. However, certain  basic etiquette need to be followed because it is a community.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
usha manohar wrote:

The whole idea of discussion site is to exchange knowledge and information by the members in their own  capacity. However, certain  basic etiquette need to be followed because it is a community.

Site have its rules and regulation for it. I think most of members following these.

I wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

Site have its rules and regulation for it. I think most of members following these.

I feel that  a discussion  site does not run on rules and regulations alone... etiquette is different to rules n regulations 

i think this is very good idea and this site should obey this as it increase the member interest for writing more good comments in the forum.

bhuyali saroj

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.