The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
rambabu wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

Rights come with responsibilities , more so in the case of point grabbing members 

Exactly, that is what I i call it freedom of expression. You expressed your opinion about point grabbers.

Yes about responsibilities , as long as a member doesn't hamper other members, itis OK.

RAMBABU, you have no business talking about responsibilities because it is your refusal to understand and comply with your responsibility is what is the basic problem here. DO YOU UNDERSTAND OR ARE SIMPLY IGNORING THAT YOU HAVE BECOME A HEADACHE FOR ALL????

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

It will be a sad day if any restriction is put on a member whatsoever for airing his views. It's not done on any site and let me tell I know what I am talking about with 10,000 articles on 35 sites and publication of my latest Novel " Romance of the Frontier" available across the country in ebook and paperback. In case somebody does not like a particular comment, the other person can ignore it, but banning that writer- no way. I won't comment further on this thread.

suni51 wrote:

I liked all your posts.... at least no one is stopping me until 12 tonight :)

Sir you are right because you are 1000 points above from the second stage point holder, I think this is the record breaking point you had made this week, I think this is the first time it is happening in Boddunan.com that anybody had crossed 3000+ points in a week, if we calculate your point and rest all the members point then also your point will be in abundant.

sdfafa

Babu saroj wrote:
suni51 wrote:

I liked all your posts.... at least no one is stopping me until 12 tonight :)

Sir you are right because you are 1000 points above from the second stage point holder, I think this is the record breaking point you had made this week, I think this is the first time it is happening in Boddunan.com that anybody had crossed 3000+ points in a week, if we calculate your point and rest all the members point then also your point will be in abundant.

It was possible because I had never clicked at 'like' button before or "read any articles" for gaining points. So whatever I clicked fetched points for me.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Even I was getting concerned with the way some members were resorting to wrong methods to gather points. And it was just not just Rambabu who had indulge in such wrong practices. Having said that I also agree with MG Singh that we cannot ban any members for airing their view. But the way replies are being posted Without adding anything substantial is giving a bad trend to the forum discussion. My humble suggestion is that the moderators can delete the post which were posted for the sake of point. For instance, even though there is a button for thank you, some members don't use it as it gives only 1 point but instead post a reply saying thank you which carries 5 points.

I also suggest that points should not be given for any likes as liking a post shows our appreciation for that particular post and should be free from commercial things.

Thank you said by: suni51
jabeen wrote:

Even I was getting concerned with the way some members were resorting to wrong methods to gather points. And it was just not just Rambabu who had indulge in such wrong practices. Having said that I also agree with MG Singh that we cannot ban any members for airing their view. But the way replies are being posted Without adding anything substantial is giving a bad trend to the forum discussion. My humble suggestion is that the moderators can delete the post which were posted for the sake of point. For instance, even though there is a button for thank you, some members don't use it as it gives only 1 point but instead post a reply saying thank you which carries 5 points.

I also suggest that points should not be given for any likes as liking a post shows our appreciation for that particular post and should be free from commercial things.

We have suggested this to admin time and again but the like button seems to be source of income for the site so the suggestion was ignored every time. However, I warned some of those members to refrain from clicking at every post or avoid useless comments but they ignored all warnings.

I even banned few members but they came back with new accounts. Now to give them a first hand idea of how it feels when people reach on top slot with unethical practices, I am giving them a real time experience.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Thank you said by: jabeen

I am giving two suggestion to check on race for points. First before clicking on like button one must be write some words. Second minimum words decided for reply on topics.

Here is a suggestion. There is a need to lock this topic. It's a infructuous topic and is only airing grievances against a member.

MG Singh wrote:

It will be a sad day if any restriction is put on a member whatsoever for airing his views. It's not done on any site and let me tell I know what I am talking about with 10,000 articles on 35 sites and publication of my latest Novel " Romance of the Frontier" available across the country in ebook and paperback. In case somebody does not like a particular comment, the other person can ignore it, but banning that writer- no way. I won't comment further on this thread.

For your information I was and am still a member of other forums as well and there are some ground rules to be followed in all the sites. They make sure that all unrelated posts and inconsequential posts,get deleted which is not happening here. From next hat I see it is just one member who does that here since all other members come up with sensible posts that takes the discussion forward , you are of course welcome to your opinion and you may please complain about the thread to the admin since the thread is anyway addressed to him..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

anil wrote:

I am giving two suggestion to check on race for points. First before clicking on like button one must be write some words. Second minimum words decided for reply on topics.

But there are certain posts which we like but we don't have anything to add to it, it could be a problem to click like button if we are expected to write some words to click like.

There is also a problem in your 2nd suggestion. Have you noticed that when we quote someone's post their number of words get added to ours? For instance, if you have posted a reply containing 59 words and I quote that post and write only one word in reply, it would be counted as 60 and not one.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.