Well I might be very new to Boddunan, but I have couple of suggestions,

Firstly, the point system in forums is automated system which is not fair. Members who thank the previous members are equally treated with members who give some good and valuable solutions. This is not fair.

Secondly, I have observed that they are some awards given like top commenter, highest poll votes per day etc. In this I observed that members are posting the given option itself with slight modification in order to win the award. I think that even if a member posts 10 to 15 comments per day with valid information it is far better than 100's of useless comments and such members should be given the award.

Thirdly, I find many people using SMS language like "Ha ha ha", "u" etc which creates a negative impression for outside visitors. So I request the moderator to take some preventive measure to stop such activities and I hope this will definitely be helpful for the development of site.

Members please post your comments.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Karthik your suggession nice but as per your suggestion its difficult to select winner. Moderator work will increase. So automated system decrease moderator work.

Santosh Kumar Singh

http://experienceofknowledge.blogspot.com/

Suggestion is bit unrealistic lets see where this one ends up.

Click the below link for news which you can use:NeWsYoUCaNUsE
Your suggestions are good. But giving points for every post is very hard.

We are not using much SMS language here. It is seen very less. It
I don't like this suggestion.

Cool information and hot earnings @
http://bit.ly/cbOLIy
Except the last one rest are good but i think it is difficult to get a postive response from members and moderator...
Regarding your first point, iam against it because it is not possible for the moderator to read each and every thread everyday and award points based on that. Then it will take atleast one week for the moderator to read the threads posted in one day.If the points are awarded as per your suggestion, then the interest for the members will decrease and there will not be active participation.

For the second point, i agree that not all comments are useful but again if it is not automated, there will be heavy load on the moderators and the process will take more time.

For the third point, i have not seen that much of short words here.

websitesreview-meens.blogspot.com
Well I know its a time taking process, but it can be implemented by hiring extra people and paying them small renumeration for this work.
Karthik, your points are well valid. Moderating every comment is not possible with any website and boddunan too. May be we can treat this as a limitation. Hiring more people for moderating comments would not be a idle and cost effective option.

I agree that there are people trying to post invalid comments to get the award, but it is the very rare case. I see most of the time people who post genuine comments won the award. There are flaws everywhere and we have to live with them if the do not harm much.

You can report any comment that is not fruitful. Please look for Report this comment link on the comment.

When opportunity is in front of you, don't hesitate to catch it. It will never come to you again. - Maverick

Ok fine Maverick, if I come across such comments I will forward you...
I support your second suggestion which I also was raised.But when moderator explained his difficulty I withdrew it.

SMS language is not allowed.But "ha ha ha" is not SMS .It is laughing.

Visit my blogs:

http://abidareacode.blogspot.com
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.