Hello,

I don't know whether any of these has been raised already.If already posted, sorry for repeating it again.

1.Is it possible to add a start and end date in Advanced search of forums so that it will be easy to view the threads posted on a date?
2.Is it possible to add a new link like "MyTopics" which will show all the threads created by us because my discussions shows all the replies.Sometimes it is difficult to find the thread created.
3. Top 5 articles with good content and keywords can be chosen and published on the main page.
4. Weekly newsletters can be sent to inactive members with the links of top articles and discussions for that week.
5. Is it possible to create a group id ( Yahoo groups / Google groups ) for boddunan members so that communication about the latest updates can be sent easily?
6. Is it possible to make the tags for the articles visible and editable to the members? If the author has not used good keywords, the readers can add it.
7. Search system in articles has to be improved. For example, if a search a word computer, first it should search that word in the title of the articles.But it is not working many times.
8. Tag fields can be added to forums also to increase the traffic.

Friends,
Your suggestions/objections/improvements on the topic are welcome.

websitesreview-meens.blogspot.com
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Thanks a lot Meean for your good analysis on issues. Here are my views on your findings.
Meean wrote:
[quote]1.Is it possible to add a start and end date in Advanced search of forums so that it will be easy to view the threads posted on a date?
[/quote]There is already an option to view the posts from current date till a given duration

[quote]
2.Is it possible to add a new link like "MyTopics" which will show all the threads created by us because my discussions shows all the replies.Sometimes it is difficult to find the thread created.[/quote]Presently My Discussions is only the way to track your posts. It will show all discussions where you replied.

[quote]3. Top 5 articles with good content and keywords can be chosen and published on the main page. [/quote]Good content and keywords? May be we need to have a better way to select best articles which is a long standing discussion here.

[quote]4. Weekly newsletters can be sent to inactive members with the links of top articles and discussions for that week.[/quote]Already a "Whats happening at Information Creates Wealth" email is being sent to all users every week. Didn't you receive it? More content like latest articles, forum topics etc will be added to that newsletter in future.

[quote]5. Is it possible to create a group id ( Yahoo groups / Google groups ) for boddunan members so that communication about the latest updates can be sent easily?
[/quote]Go to Community->Groups which is something similar.

[quote]6. Is it possible to make the tags for the articles visible and editable to the members? If the author has not used good keywords, the readers can add it.
[/quote]It is not possible to alter one user's article by another.

[quote]7. Search system in articles has to be improved. For example, if a search a word computer, first it should search that word in the title of the articles.But it is not working many times.
[/quote]It is a limitation on any website that has its own search system. Nothing can beat Google in this aspect. We are looking at adding Google search built into boddunan but it will take some time.

[quote]8. Tag fields can be added to forums also to increase the traffic.[/quote]Forum topics are something different that are seen by search engines differently. I will look into this anyway.

When opportunity is in front of you, don't hesitate to catch it. It will never come to you again. - Maverick

Some of them are good suggestions. thanks maverick hope you will look into them.
The suggestions are fine. There is always room for improvement. already there are many ways to search what one wants. If you want to search threads/ posts on a particular topic, this is easily searched. There is some limit for the site. Let us make the best of what already exists.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Good suggestions meean. And there is good reply from Maverick too.
Hope to see more improvements in future.

Thanks 'n' Regards,
Deepti.
Hope these suggestions are implemented here. keep it up.

Click the below link for news which you can use:NeWsYoUCaNUsE
good work meean.. congrats for your work and dedication for the development of our site...

Get hot offers& tricks for Indians..Hurry!!
www.IndianOffer.blogspot.com
Good suggestion Meean and thanks for answering it and clearing the doubts marveick.

I also want to add on more suggestion..In reviews the search should be improved as if we search a keyword like Nokia N72 or so..it should display all reviews have that term..i know its already there but its not working properly as i have observed that i gave a word which didnt get any information in search but already a review exist on that word..

And please add preview button in reviews so that we can have an idea of alignment or images...etc..The content boxes are very small even though scroller is there..so some times its difficult to edit too...

:) Hope this point will be considered.
Good question raised and answered.It's true that there would be always room for improvement.
Oh..A bundle of suggestions!!!Congratulations to have this much research here.

Visit my blogs:

http://abidareacode.blogspot.com
My suggestions:

1)Why there is no points for uploading photos on boddunan. And i suggest adding comments for photos will be a good idea

2)In the community tab, under the members, when i clicked popular members , it displays old members who are not active here now a days. So it must be changed

3)why groups are not encouraged? there is no discussions in group it will be good if there is point system allotted for discussions in group also.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.