Hai,

There is a very great delay in the announcement of the Member of the week award. Not only this, the award from 2Aug'08- 8Aug'08 has been skipped earlier.

Why not this award can be automated similar to Top Voter and Top Commenter Awards???

PLEASE DO COMMENT FRIENDS.......

Thanks 'n' Regards,
Deepti.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Deepti, you are right, there is a lot of delay in announcing this reward! If automated, it will be done on time, but since the five members who get the award this week are not eligible for the next week's award even if they may get higher points than others, the system will not notice this. There may be the added problem of then sorting out these awards.

If the administrators can get a way around this then automation can be the answer to update these awards on time.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

A very nice suggestion Deepti,Kalyani.Is it really feasible to automate it?
i think good suggestion from Deepti... :)

Then it will be done on time.... :)
Kalyani --- I was aware of this!!! There can be a condition set to avoid the problem that you are worried about!!! :)

Thanks 'n' Regards,
Deepti.
I think it is difficult to implement deepti, since there is a condition that there should not be a repetition in consecutive week's.

Already it is automated to calculated and post points in the leaderboard. Some moderators can take this task to announce the winners!
And more over... my intention behind this automation is to reduce the mistakes going on... Please do see this link...
http://www.boddunan.com/forums/8-feedback/70081-mistake-in-member-of-the-week-award.html

Thanks 'n' Regards,
Deepti.
Yes Sajeetharan --- I was aware of this condition...

Hope it is not a very serious problem to implement a condition for non-consecutive wins.... :)

Thanks 'n' Regards,
Deepti.
Nice idea Deepti, automating is a real good reliable option, the constraints like Kalyani said can be taken care of.
Yes it can be good if implemented but i think its difficult to implement..Only moderator can solve this trouble..
Yes Rajani and Nataraj.... This can be implemented by Moderator only...
If this task has been assigned to other moderator, then it effects them not to participate in this contest.. So I would not be willing to encourage this idea...

Thanks 'n' Regards,
Deepti.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.