I just joined this site 2 days ago and I really like the community feel of it. But to be honest I was shocked to see the revenue sharing report, I mean with a site having 7000+ members and having more than 10000 listings and reviews it should have been earning way more. I earn more than 400$ in adsense only from 130 articles. So according to me this site should definitely be earning in thousands of dollars.

Anyways, I am not being critical and I really like this site. So here are a few suggestions I would like to give which may help the site earnings.

Suggestion 1:

Encourage Interlinking:

I have read many articles here and I havn't seen even one article having a contextual link which gives me a feeling that we cannot insert link into our articles.

But google likes contextual related links which are beneficial to the readers. For example, if a article is health related we can put a contextual link to the health section. This will keep a visitor to our site for a longer duration and google will see our site as authority. This will help us attract the ads which pay the highest.

Also we should be allowed atleast one outgoing contextual link so that author writing on other platforms can also make use of this platform for backlinks.

Suggestion 2:

More Affiliates Option

I have noticed that this site only uses adsense monetization but I can also see many product reviews as well. So I think affiliates like amazon and ebay should also be included.

Suggestion 3:

Contests to help increase PR

Boddunan is currently a PR3 site but according to me it should have been atleast a PR4. So, boddunan should run a few contests where cash awards would be given to participants who will write about boddunan on different sites and blogs as possible and include a link to boddunan.com. The members will also have the added benefit of including their referral link and earn from referrals.

In short, more the link from different domains better it is for the site.

I have a few more suggestions but I still havn't studied this site completely and they may already exist here. Also I would like to know everyone's feedback on this.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Arun,

You have stated many good ideas here... Thanks for the suggestions.. I think moderators can answer to these questions than our members. :)

Thanks 'n' Regards,
Deepti.
very good suggestions and ideas arun jain,these suggestions would definitely benefit both the site and members....lets see how moderators and other members consider your ideas.......
Thanks everyone, I am glad you are finding the suggestions useful. I am also waiting how the webmaster and the support team react to this. I have a hell lot of ideas to share but would like to test waters before I go any further.

But I am loving it here and I am definitely looking forward to interact with everyone here.
I like the suggestion about more contests. :)
that's very good suggestions arun jain,hope these suggestions would definitely help both the site and members..
:woohoo:
I heartily welcome all your suggestions and hope all these would be looked into and if possible,implemented by Boddunan.Thanks Arun for coming up with such innovative ideas!
Personally I liked all your suggestions,Arun.You are very innovative. :) :) .Keep up your good work!!!
:cheer: IT is very good suggestion Arun...hope these things are very important for improving traffic :)
Thanks everyone for the appreciation. I wonder what Maverick has to say about it!!
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.