How to Make Gulab Jamun
It is surprising to make gulab jamun with less calories. But it’s a homemade recipe for gulab jamun, it is very easy and quick also.
Preparation time - 10 minutes
cooking time – 15 minutes
Ingredients to make Gulab Jamun:
1 cup rice flour
½ cup butter – may be low fat
2 table spoon finely chopped or sliced –
½ tea spoon cardamom powder
1 pinch saffron
Oil for frying
For sugar syrup:
1 cup sugar
1 cup water – approx
¼ tea spoon cardamom powder
1/8 tea spoon saffron
Method to make sugar syrup:
- Mix sugar and water in a pan and heat at medium flame.
- Let it boil for 2 minutes. Remove from flame and add cardamom powder and saffron, keep aside.
For Gulab Jamun:
- Mix flour and butter properly and knead semi soft with the help of warm milk. Knead properly and make small balls from it. Stuff dry fruits in it and make proper balls. Repeat the process for remaining.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry balls at low heat. Fry till turns to light brown.
- Remove from heat and add to hot sugar syrup. Cook for at least 4 to 5 minutes. Remove from flame.
- Sweet and low calorie gulag Jamuns are ready to serve. Garnish with sliced almonds and pistachio.
This is a very easy sweet recipe. Gulab jamun is a tasty to eat. We can also store for long term and healthy recipe. Every one will like this to eat. I hope you try this and enjoy the taste. Main thing is the preparation time is 10 to 15 minutes and also I n our budget. Try this testy and easy sweet Gulab Jamun recipe.