Things To Know before Seeking A Career As Air Hostess/ Flight Steward
The trouble free, comfortable and safe journey of a passenger is of prime concern to the aviation sector. In this regard, it is an Air Hostess / Flight Steward whose role becomes really crucial as they are the first one to welcome passengers aboard an aircraft.
The Role Of Air Hostess/Flight Stewards in an aircraft.
- To help the passengers to find their seats and put cabin luggage in the luggage chambers.
- To give instructions to the passengers about how to operate the air flaw system, knobs above one's seat and how to call them in time of need.
- To give instructions to the passengers on how to use safety measures during crisis.
- Catering foods and drinksto the passengers and answering passengers' enquiries on fecilities and services
- To provide first aid to passengers who feel sick.
- To keep an eye on comfort of passengers like adjusting seat inclination, setting pillow under someone's head,
- To help passengers in time of crisis like emergency landing, crash landing, etc. to cop with the situation and disembark fast from air craft.
To be an Air Hostess or a Flight Steward, one should have,
- Sense of responsibility
- Initiative quality
- Friendly out going personality
- Physical stamina
- Capacity to work long hours on the feet
- Ability to ract quickly in time of emergency
- Presence of mind
- Systematic approach
- Unruffled appearance
- A well-modulated pleasant voice and a proportonate figure with a graceful carriage
The educational qualification for an Air Hostess / Flight Steward trainning programme is 10+2 or a graduate degree with a deploma / degree in Hotel Management or Tourism Management. The aspirant must be eligible to hold an Indian Passport and should be below 25 years of old with proportionate weight and height.
Further one must be unmarried , with normal eyesight of 6/6 increase vision in each eye.
Fluency in English, Hindi and knowledge of an international language is an added advantage.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this article on other bookmarking websites.