CHICK PEAS AND POTATOES CURRY
Ingredients (Serve 4-6)
1 can chick peas
3 lbs potatoes
3 cloves of garlic
1 chilly pepper
3 tsp curry powder
1 cup of water
2 tsp vegetable oil
3 leaves shadow benny (optional)
1/2 tsp cumin powder
1. Peel potatoes and cut in quarters.
2. Peel onions and chop finely.
3. In a medium size pan add vegetable oil and heat well.
4. Add chopped onions and chilly pepper. Cook for about 2 minutes or until onions sweat.
5. Add curry powder and stir constantly. Now, add about quarter of a cup water and stir occasionally until curry powder, onion, pepper and garlic becomes a paste.
6. Cook for about 5 mins.
7. Add potatoes, shadow benny leaves (if available) and chickpeas. Stir up and let cook for about another 10 mins.
8. Add remaining water and let cook until potatoes and chick peas is tender.
9. When the sauce consistency is slightly thick add cumin powder, stir up and remove from heat.
10.This chickpeas and potatoes curry tastes great with cooked white rice.
Like it on Facebook, +1 on Google, Tweet it or share this article on other bookmarking websites.