Kozhukkatta for breakfast
Kerala cuisine is always famous for its variety of breakfast dishes. Here, I am providing you an easy recipe of a breakfast dish with minimum number of ingredients and less cooking time. 'Kozhukkatta' is a traditional dish of Kerala and Tamil nadu served by many grandmothers. But it seems it is disappearing from every dining table nowadays. Its peculiarity is that it does not require any side dish.
Rice flour finely grinded used for making idiyappam and pathiri - 1 cup
Coconut grinded to a fine paste - 1/2-3/4 cup
Salt and water - As per needed
Sugar - 1 or 2 table spoon (As per needed)
Method of preparation:
1. Take half of coconut grinded in a plate and add rice flour to it. Sprinkle 1 table spoon sugar and half of salt to it. Mix the contents well.
2. If you need water, you can add a little, to make small balls out of the flour. So, water should never be excess.
3. Make balls in the size of a gooseberry and spread them on a plate.
4. Take the remaining coconut paste in a vessel. Non-stick cookware is best.
5. Add minimum 2-3 glasses of water to it. Add 1 table spoon sugar and the remaining salt to it.Mix it well and place it in flame.
6. When it boils, put all flour balls one by one to it. Keep the flame in high mode itself and never stir it for first 2-3 minutes, since balls may break.
7. Stir it well and cook it for 15-20 minutes with lid open. If you want excess water, salt or sugar you can add it. Your kozhukkatta is ready is serve.
Note: Kozhukkatta should not be too watery or too thick. If you find it too watery, then mix a spoon of flour with water and add it at the end and boil well. You can also use coconut milk instead of coconut paste.
Like it on Facebook, +1 on Google, Tweet it or share this article on other bookmarking websites.