Insisting on woman's virginity as a condition for marriage makes no sense when there is no such condition for man. This is rather a glaring display of male chauvinism and double standard on gender.

http://in.lifestyle.yahoo.com/marry-someone-not-virgin-095317801.html

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
We are living in a culturally civilized India where relationships and marriages are given much importance, till now. That's why marriages do exist here.

I am a person who strongly believe that one should enter into a marriage relation with full purity and should maintain it till his/her life ends. I strongly believe in one-person relationship as I can say, we have been brought up by a generation who has given very much importance to such things and taught us good lessons of life. :)

Meera sandhu
Men and women are biologically different and it is not fair to compare them equally. Men and women have different duties and functions as the creator of human being have created them with these natural differences. Virginity is the jewel of a woman, which could not be turned down.
I do oppose the very fact that women be questioned on their virginity where there is no sure shot way of testing them.......

smriti
We are living in a culturally civilized India where relationships and marriages are given much importance, till now. That's why marriages do exist here.

I am a person who strongly believe that one should enter into a marriage relation with full purity and should maintain it till his/her life ends. I strongly believe in one-person relationship as I can say, we have been brought up by a generation who has given very much importance to such things and taught us good lessons of life. :)

Virginity and one to one relation is okay. But should this not be same for man and woman. Is this not inequitable and unjust to expect virginity from wife only giving husband full liberty for relation with many women before and after marriage?

It is applicable for both men and women, not women only.

In our country, many Sitas are undergoing this test for non-existing Raavan.

Meera sandhu
It is applicable for both men and women, not women only.

In our country, many Sitas are undergoing this test for non-existing Raavan.

I agree with your views. But our society adopts double standards. This is what we must oppose.

Today, things have changed very much. Women have come forward a little more to express their views. If she is virgin, she would surely want her husband also the same.Otherwise she will protest. Today most woman are educated and earning even a little bit. So she is able to make her choices than a woman two decades back. I think so.

Meera sandhu
Virginity is question which is embarassing for women and not for men. It is considered from history that a man can have more than one relationships which a woman can't. It is mental setup.
However there are many examples from history which talk about one to one relationship in India and abroad. Both died for each other.
Females are always torchered by this question. On the other hand, some women are wicked enough to have relationship with more than one man. Thus, infidel man or woman should be avoided for the purpose of marriage because they destroy whole married life.

I am also a one man -woman and will maintain this relationship when settled till the end of life.
But I have read many times...many stories where certain tribes, also in certain places, virginity is a curse before marriage. :woohoo: ie. She should loose her virginity before marriage.
Truely saying. I was really shocked :woohoo: :woohoo:
What would be the parents teaching their girls......I just can't imagine :laugh:

Meera sandhu
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.